Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something that bothers me that RJJ said in 24/7..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hulk View Post
    Which Brit is talking up this fight?
    Anyone with any sense knows that Jones is a shadow of his former self.
    Hulk hasn't seen anyone in this thread make this fight sound huge.

'Truth Spoken'? More like '**** Made Up To Support My ****** Theories'!

Hulk believes the term is 'Straw Man'.
    Feel free to come up with the theory that people of all nationalities think you are a spastic. I suspect there may be a touch more validity to that one.

Hulk! Grar-ing for your own good!

Grar!
    pretty gay.......

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Armo View Post
      A paycheck is exactly all that he's after. He's been a shot fighter for the last 6-7 years now and like Hopkins, he's just trying to grab as much cash before he goes off into retirement and eventually bankruptcy. Hopefully, he gets blown out like Lacy and we don't have to deal with Jones ever again. HOPEFULLY!!!!!!

I actually don’t' think it is all about the money. Roy has money or should have.

I thought he leaned towards retirement after Ruiz but Tarver stopped that. I wonder if Tarver wasn't there would Jones have just retired.

At this point, he wants to restore what was broken: his legacy. But the problem here is Roy’s confidence in doing so; I don’t think it is quite there; at least not compared to what it once was and where it needs to be.

It's weird, after one loss, especially the way Roy lost, it's as almost like there is no embarrassment in losing anymore because you've already been embarrassed...so you take that extra risk.

Fighters like Floyd and Rocky I bet were kind of scared to lose that "O" so they retired...at least partial reason for their retiring.

Or how Tyson put it: "My career ended in 1990"

Rocky: “I don't want to be remembered as a beaten champion.”

Comment

I've never heard of Roy Jones Jr. having money problems, so to say he'll be bankrupt is strange to me. Roy Jones is a smart man.

Comment

You guys are taking it out of context, he was only saying that as a way to prove that there is more pressure on Calzaghe to win than there is on Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            pretty gay.......
            What?

You like 'pretty gays!'

Well Hulk is happy for you. Enjoy!

Grar!

Comment

Originally posted by The Hulk View Post
              What?

You like 'pretty gays!'

Well Hulk is happy for you. Enjoy!

Grar!
              good comeback :roy5:

Comment

good comeback :roy5:
                Cheers!

Grar!

Comment

Originally posted by salsaking View Post
                  You guys are taking it out of context, he was only saying that as a way to prove that there is more pressure on Calzaghe to win than there is on Jones.
                  Yes, but why?

The reason is because Jones is no longer Superman and he knows it. It is also his way of probably helping himself build confidence for the fight by knowing a win will be a "miracle from God" (which means he is hoping to win) at this point of his career just like it was for Foreman fighting Moorer.

It's also the way Roy said it and how he looked saying it. To me, he had doubt...especially the way he laughed at the end.

Back in the day when he gave interviews you could see the Confidence in every word and every mannerism; he doesn't have it like he used to.

A Prime Roy Jones Jr is better...but I wouldn't doubt that this version right now could possibly do it either. If he gets in there and sees he can do something to Calzaghe, especially hurt him, his confidence, given the high circumstances, might Superman up.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                    Yes, but why?

The reason is because Jones is no longer Superman and he knows it. It is also his way of probably helping himself build confidence for the fight by knowing a win will be a "miracle from God" (which means he is hoping to win) at this point of his career just like it was for Foreman fighting Moorer.

It's also the way Roy said it and how he looked saying it. To me, he had doubt...especially the way he laughed at the end.

Back in the day when he gave interviews you could see the Confidence in every word and every mannerism; he doesn't have it like he used to.
                    I think hes just a lot more mature at almost 40 then he was at 25.... I think Roy has confidence in himself and his abilities even now... other wise he wouldnt be chasing this fight...

Comment

I think hes just a lot more mature at almost 40 then he was at 25.... I think Roy has confidence in himself and his abilities even now... other wise he wouldnt be chasing this fight...
                      He may have confidence in himself but I dont' think it is the same as when he was younger. One of the advantages of being young is high-confidence and the love for taking crazy risks thinking you cannot die.
                      At this point, "maturity," just leads you to climb the mountain top while saying "Please God, just don't let me fall...and if I do, make it a quick death...but Please God, I have kids at home so don't let me fall...{tear, tear, cry...}

Comment

Working...
                      X