Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could tito trinidad been the greatest fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    Not even close. He would've got his ass handed to him by BHop no matter who his trainer was.
    He would have handled Pacquiao though.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      no................................................ .................................................. .......
      as you can see by the date of the thread, i didn't know much about boxing then. i know better now.

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      His father was a great trainer for him. If he would of had better promotion early on and stayed at 154 he would of been right up there.
      his father also said that his son needed a new trainer.
      Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      He is the GOAT

Not even close. He would've got his ass handed to him by BHop no matter who his trainer was.
      and that's a terrible thing? b-hops a dinosaur and he's still schooling fools.
      the fact that one guy might've had his number isn't a strange occurrence in boxing.

Originally posted by Steak View Post
      I know this is an old thread, but I miss Trinidad. What an entertaining fighter. devastating power, and yet had to get off the deck to win in a ridiculous amount of fights.

As for the thread title, well, you cant teach a better chin, although Trinidad could have benefitted from better defense and learning to roll with punches better.
      On the other hand, the way he generated power was excellent. His technique was VERY solid in that respect.
      tito's chin wasn't that bad. he always recovered well.

the thing about tito is that he was always so squared up. if he wasn't so squared up, his already good jab would have been better. who knows the sorta fighter he could have been had he had great jab.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        He would have handled Pacquiao though.
        No he wouldn't. He wouldn't be able to catch Pac and would eat a ton of punches trying. He would end up looking like Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
          as you can see by the date of the thread, i didn't know much about boxing then. i know better now.

his father also said that his son needed a new trainer.

and that's a terrible thing? b-hops a dinosaur and he's still schooling fools.
          the fact that one guy might've had his number isn't a strange occurrence in boxing.

tito's chin wasn't that bad. he always recovered well.

the thing about tito is that he was always so squared up. if he wasn't so squared up, his already good jab would have been better. who knows the sorta fighter he could have been had he had great jab.
          Well it's good to see you're still around.............. I think Tito was a very good fighter, better certainly than Oscar...... but there are a hundred greater fighters in history probably, but not many from our time come near him, terrific fighter..... and yes, it is good to talk about him............. indeed.

Comment

Trinidad is a slugger you can't just say oh but if he had a jab, that wasn't his style Trinidad was a slugger and that is what made him great.

Comment

No he wouldn't. He wouldn't be able to catch Pac and would eat a ton of punches trying. He would end up looking like Margarito.
              Maybe, maybe not........................ but Trinidad was a level above Margarito,..... I rate that post low.

Comment

Trinidad is a slugger you can't just say oh but if he had a jab, that wasn't his style Trinidad was a slugger and that is what made him great.
                Well if he was a slugger,..... he was one with a lot of skills.

Comment

No he wouldn't. He wouldn't be able to catch Pac
                  Yes because Pac is like Willie Pep in the ring.

Not only would Tito catch Pac but he would have taken Pac head off.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                    Well it's good to see you're still around.............. I think Tito was a very good fighter, better certainly than Oscar...... but there are a hundred greater fighters in history probably, but not many from our time come near him, terrific fighter..... and yes, it is good to talk about him............. indeed.
                    Post of the day, maybe of the year. Green K for you sir.

Comment

what exactly made him a slugger? his offense started with a jab. he was as much a slugger as joe louis was. the fact that he wasn't afraid to punch doesn't make the guy a slugger. he was a boxer puncher, with 60/40 on the puncher.

Comment

Working...
                      X