Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Stevenson ever fight Ward or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short answer. No. Long answer. No.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Stevenson has been ready to fight Kovalev for a while now; Main Events ****ed the business up though. Hopefully, Duva does better.

After the Kovalev fight, Andre Ward is under no further obligation to HBO, Stevenson-Ward is the biggest fight to make at 175 (bigger than a Kovalev rematch imo), and GYM and Roc Nation should be able to comfortably sit down together, maximize the revenues (venue that brings the most money, international TV rights to the highest bidder, event sponsors, PPV, etc), and split the take equitably (Stevenson/GYM keep the Canadian PPV money, Ward/RNS keep the US PPV money up to a match, with everything else being split near 50/50).

April 2017 seems like a good time to stage the PPV to me.
      Maximize revenue? Stevenson is basically unknown at this point. It has been since Chad dawson, since he has done anything of relevance. Who remembers when Chad Dawson was still relevant? I dont... Its been that long.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        Maximize revenue? Stevenson is basically unknown at this point. It has been since Chad dawson, since he has done anything of relevance. Who remembers when Chad Dawson was still relevant? I dont... Its been that long.
        Canadian PPV is still worth a ton of money, and MGM Resorts (T-Mobile Arena, MGM Grand, and Mandalay EC) can join Bell Centre in Montreal and Barclays Center in Brooklyn as possible places to stage the fight.

If you want to talk yourself into thinking that Stevenson isn't still crushing Kovalev in the revenue game, that's on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Why bother, he'll make the same money fighting a drunk Canadian hockey fan or a dildo salesman from Minneapolis.
          Is that your hint telling us that you'll be fighting him next?

Comment

Actually yes, it's a real possibility. Haymon has run out of money and is essentially telling his own talent to go find their own fights at this point. Stevenson's purses are decreasing and he has zero options at this point and Kovalev/Ward is by far the most lucrative option.

Comment

Will man ever set foot on Jupiter?

Comment

Kovalev KO's him. Andre Ward 120-108's him. Stevenson is not at their level.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  Is that your hint telling us that you'll be fighting him next?
                  Good one but I'm not a Canadian hockey fan or a dildo salesman from Minneapolis.

Comment

Working...
                  X