Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Liam smith thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus christ that was some body work. Great outing by Canelo. It was clear from early on that these two were on different levels. There are good fights on the horizon for Alvarez if he wants to bang with the Charlos, Andrade, or a golovkin fight. Even a Kell Brook fight is probably more competitive than this was.

Again - Smith did great. He was a massive underdog for a reason, but he definitely landed some of his own leather. He just didn't have the skillset (offensively or defensively) to trouble Canelo. I thought Nelo's defense looked worse than it has lately.

He needs to work on movement and rolling some more. Great offensive stuff though - just terrific

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Damn did you hear that shot land? Lord!
      i clenched when it landed.

Comment

• Max went in on ODL. What a shame for Oscar. I dont think Canelo is scared but for sure its Golden Boy preventing the fight. Seriously that fight has to happen. 2 big puncher with great chins.

Comment

• Max went in on ODLH. What a shame for Oscar. I dont think Canelo is scared but for sure its Golden Boy preventing the fight. Seriously that fight has to happen. 2 big puncher with great chins.

Comment

• LOL Kellerman ethered Canelo at the end!!!!

Comment

• Canelo really impressed me tonight, looked rapid as fck, was a slick brotha in there.

He can't let himself get backed up on the ropes like that against GGG under any circumstances though.

Canelo can beat GGG in 2017 maybe but not right now.

Comment

• HahahahahHha Canelo whooped that boy like a child.

Smith shouldn't have been talking that ***** because this is what happens.

Beau t performance by Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  50/50 fight? you're ****ting me
                  And why's that? Because Smith never rocked him once, despite landing a couple of flush shots?
                  Because Smith connected on less than 30% of his shots?
                  Because Canelo has not been knocked down...ever?
                  Because the difference in power between Smith and Canelo was plain as daylight to see?
                  Because Canelo's technique is both intelligent and sublime?
                  Because Canelo is fricking huge? Like, OMG WTF HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH huge.

I'm a huge Golovkin fan, but if you don't think that Canelo stands an excellent chance of derailing the Golovkin train, you seriously don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

• Lol @ the post fight interview

Comment

• So they offered Lil G double and triple? What was that about?

Comment

Working...
                      X