No announcement yet.

Questions For Boss ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY After The Dawson-BHOP Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sybian View Post
    since the ICEMAN is a member up in here who gives his input in fights i just hope that i can get his thoughts on the previous fight that he was a part of. members of this forums are also welcome to post in this thread and ask questions, BUT questions that has hate or stupid sarcasms in it are going to be put on ignored right away.

1. From the start of the fight when bernard tried to lounge his first attack which he was as usual leading with his head, hit maybe 1 or 2 punches then grab. in that moment did you feel that this is going to be a dirty fight right away?

2. How well in training camp did u prepare for bernad's dirty tactics because to me dawson knows the bullshiet was coming right before it happened?

3. Don't get me wrong here i respect bhop but he's just too veteran to mess this young guns up because of his tricks do u think this is karma?

4. Are u happy with the way it ended and do u admit that it was just a payback with like i said karma?

5. Now this might be a really sensitive question but why are african-american boxers of today again i repeat of today prospect or stars act like drama queens? i haven't seen one act like a pro boxer, they fight ugly, act thuggish and whine after every fight. do u feel that this is one of the reasons why americans don't support them as much as they support foreign fighters?

Will someone get this racist piece of shit out of here? SCULLY should'nt even acknowledge this clown.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      1. From the start of the fight when bernard tried to lounge his first attack which he was as usual leading with his head, hit maybe 1 or 2 punches then grab. in that moment did you feel that this is going to be a dirty fight right away?

JS: I had warned Chad about that all during training camp but I was actually surprised that Bernard started doing it so early in the fight. It was pretty blatant and ugly, definitely. So I know obviously he was setting the table and trying to intimidate Chad from the beginning.

2. How well in training camp did u prepare for bernad's dirty tactics because to me Dawson knows the bullshiet was coming right before it happened?

JS: We actually made preparing for his dirty tactics parts of our prefight regimen so that in itself tells you how obvious Hopkins is with it.

3. Don't get me wrong here i respect bhop but he's just too veteran to mess this young guns up because of his tricks do u think this is karma?

JS: Well, I dont know much about karma really but I do know that a guy like Chad who is young, athletic, agile, fast, elusive is going to be a problem for any man on earth.

4. Are u happy with the way it ended and do u admit that it was just a payback with like i said karma?

JS: I am not happy in any way with how it ended. That was about as big of a disappointment as you could imagine. We trained for seven weeks and I was away from home all that time getting up to run early in the morning, watching tapes on Hopkins at night, etc. We put everything into the fight and from what I saw Chad was very ready, hitting his peak, feeling excited and strong.
      It's great to have you here Iceman.

Comment

Hey ICEMAN what's your thoughts on Nazim Richardson as a trainer & a person and have you ever had much time to talk with him?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Hey ICEMAN what's your thoughts on Nazim Richardson as a trainer & a person and have you ever had much time to talk with him?
          I've actually known Naazim since 1994...been to his house in North Philly, took his sons and nephews to the movies, go cart track, etc etc...w'eve talked in person and on the phone numerous times...Naz is a very insightful guy, a very detailed type of trainer....watches everything and everybody and notices everything about fights, boxers etc...is big into the mental aspects of boxing...takes his training VERRRRRRRY seriously...

Comment

Thanks ICEMAN!!

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
              I've actually known Naazim since 1994...been to his house in North Philly, took his sons and nephews to the movies, go cart track, etc etc...w'eve talked in person and on the phone numerous times...Naz is a very insightful guy, a very detailed type of trainer....watches everything and everybody and notices everything about fights, boxers etc...is big into the mental aspects of boxing...takes his training VERRRRRRRY seriously...
              Thanks Ice! I didn't know you two went back that far

Comment

first of i would like to thank Mr. Scully for answering some questions for a random guy like me on the internet. i would much say it's a great feeling to be able to chat with someone on here who is a well known part of the sport. so again i would like to thank Mr. Scully for taking a part of his busy time answering those questions. i also hope that he don't mind if some of our members up in here like me who have been here for a long time to use this thread to ask him some questions. if it would be bothersome to Mr. Scully it is alright. also if members here don't want to use this thread for their proper questions it is also fine with me.

now i want to get back on my last question. i have no intention of insulting anyone. it is clearly have been a trend lately among their fights. if i am wrong and u think i am then that is also fine. everyone is entitled to their opinion. but i repeat there's nowhere in this thread where i indicated any racial acts or racial words towards others. it is strictly an opinion. if u would turn this into a hate thread and go low like that then i might have to just put u on ignore because that is not what i want to turn this thread out into.

i hope that we now understand that this thread is not for hatred but clearly just opinions and thoughts we all wanted to share and wanted to know from our own Mr. John ICEMAN Scully.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Thanks Ice! I didn't know you two went back that far
                  I first met him at a national amateur tournament back in November 1994 at Cincinnatti....Ive been friends with his twin sons ever since, Tiger in particular...

Comment

yo john since bhop got his belt back would dawson still agree on a rematch or just forget about it and move on?

Comment

Originally posted by Sybian View Post
                      yo john since bhop got his belt back would dawson still agree on a rematch or just forget about it and move on?
                      I would assume so...controversy sells and if Hops has the title then thats what Chads obviously would want, the title...

Comment

Working...
                      X