No announcement yet.

Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C E L L View Post
    im pretty sure they know that replacing letterman in prime time everyday competing against abc and nbc late night shows is gonna take more than just his bill oreilly impersonation.

one thing for sure, his debut and first couple weeks is gonna be more anticipated than fallon. i just do not find fallon's brand of humor funny.
    I don't find Fallon to be particularly funny either, I only really youtube a guest appearance of someone I like when he's on Fallon's show.

I do like his interaction with the guests though.

Again, I don't really even care. I'm not a late night guy. Just saying, this could be hit or miss.

Ex. He could be one of those guys that completely dominate a conversation with guests, and whatnot. Not saying he will, just saying, that could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      I've only seen the serious Colbert outside of his persona. Not the casual, funny version of himself.

That's crazy that his persona is copyrighted.
      Colbert is brilliant...
      He could just play his own self...

Comment

I'm just happy they didn't move Ferguson there.....The Late Late Show is the best because it's on too late for people on the network to care....thus Fergy can do whatever he wants...

Comment

Fallon is really talented, maybe not stand up funny but the things he does with his guests remind me of what Letterman used to do when he was younger.

Colbert is a good replacement, he's hilarious and pushes the envelope.

I never understood why Leno was so popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

It was also about his stupid face and his speech lisp... Very '80s...

Comment

I really cannot stand Jimmy Fallon. Maybe it's a bias grown out of control because of the way he ruined so many SNL sketches, but I don't find him funny at all. Colbert is much funnier, and a great interviewer.

Comment

Not a bad choice. Ferguson must be disappointed although I can only handle so much of him. Conan would have been a good choice also but he may be locked into a contract with TBS. Colbert will probably do very well with it.

Comment

I love Colbert but this is a totally different animal than his 30 minute show. He is damn good at what he does though so I am not too worried about him succeeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Fallon is really talented, maybe not stand up funny but the things he does with his guests remind me of what Letterman used to do when he was younger.

Colbert is a good replacement, he's hilarious and pushes the envelope.

I used to think leno was great, but he seems to have lost his edge the last several years. I don't know if he had new writers or what, but I think his prime was in the Clinton years. I fvkin hate letterman and never found him funny . I actually like to break his nose. I've always found him not funny at all and rather annoying. I'm looking forward to Colbert.

Comment

Rush Limbaugh is pissed.

"CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America," Limbaugh fumed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5127182.html

Comment

Working...
                      X