Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Ruslan is waiting for Pac/Rios winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I can think of would be that they share the same trainer. I'm still trying to figure out how that would work or if Arum even remembers..or cares

Comment

Originally posted by -Ronin- View Post
      Arum really putting his guys through murderers' row
      Great post. Cant green you again lol.

Comment

Once Bob gets these round robins in his head, he goes through with them...and we almost always get memorable wars out of them. Tough group of guys he has in the mix

Comment

Originally posted by -Ronin- View Post
          Arum really putting his guys through murderers' row
          Agreed. I'm still picking PAC as a strong favorite to win against prov but like I said both guys will substained major amount of damage. Both guys likes to come forward and throw bombs and both of them will not back down. I'm still hoping for a PAC vs Floyd but if PAC keeps getting into these type of war his chances of even winning is getting slimmer and slimmer.

Comment

If PAC wins against rios and doesn't get the Bradley rematch he should serious think about ditching his contract with top rank and go get a fight with Floyd. Arum is only putting PAC through more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
              lol yeah I know, I was gettin at Bob. Maybe I'm wrong and Team Provo do want the Pacquiao fight, but iirc the first name that his promoter came out with was Marquez whereas Bob wanted Pac-Provo from the outset.

Anyhow, personally I think Provodnikov loses to both ledges. Rios is more his level.
              i think I remember seeing something about that too

Comment

If Rios wins, then it's Rios vs Provodnikov. If Pac wins they wont fight because they have the same trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Souwester View Post
                  If Rios wins, then it's Rios vs Provodnikov. If Pac wins they wont fight because they have the same trainer.
                  I want to say that doesn't really matter. If anything, Provo will just train with Roach's understudy

Comment

Originally posted by Souwester View Post
                    Yep, exactly this.

Ruslan has great respect for Freddie and Pacquaio, he has said he owes everything to him and would not want to fight without him being his trainer.

I really hope they don't fight anyway, I know it's a big pay day, but the damage it could do to Provodnikov if his relationship with Roach is damaged is far worse, and I'd hate to see friends fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      I want to say that doesn't really matter. If anything, Provo will just train with Roach's understudy
                      But the understudy has a close relationship with Roach and Pacquiao. It could still happen but it would be awkward.

Comment

Working...
                      X