No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Diaz-Adailton De Jesus Early Laredo Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Diaz-Adailton De Jesus Early Laredo Results

Laredo Energy Arena, Laredo, Texas - Welterweight prospect Alex Saucedo (10-0, 7KOs) destroyed Ramon Pena (7-4, 5KOs) in the first round with a series of shots to the head and body. Pena was down twice.

Lightweight Denis Shafikov (32-0-1, 18KOs) stopped Santos Benavides (23-4-2, 17KOs) in six rounds. Benavides was down in rounds two, three and six. He never came out for the seventh round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shafikov is very good, but he really should step up and grab a belt (or is he being avoided?). He seems like a real spirit breaker, that was his 6th RTD win out of 18 stoppages.

Comment

Good shit Diaz, Ramirez!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        Shafikov is very good, but he really should step up and grab a belt (or is he being avoided?). He seems like a real spirit breaker, that was his 6th RTD win out of 18 stoppages.
        He will be stepping up in his next fight. Top rank just signed him and this was his first fight with Top Rank. This fight was made on a months notice and they said they will firsit put him in there with an opponent of this level and if he looks good he will get a big fight.

He was #1 Contendor for Lamont Petersons title before he lost to Lucas but he moved down to 135 which is his more natural weight and after beating Rahimov he called out Broner publically and said he wants to fight him. Hes been dying for a step up/big fight..... And thats why he signed with TR. He's ranked in all sanctioning bodies at 135 I believe and he is going to be a champion by 2014, IMO.

Can't wait to see who he fights next. I've been high on Shafikov for a while

Comment

Kinda wonder if Diaz is goin to ever work his way back up to where he was before I read somewhere he has a trucking company glad to hear he's back in the ring he's an exciting fighter I wonder who's next for him.

Comment

Working...
          X