something i noticed about Benard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
    Yeh Hopkins is the Don when it comes to taking away his opponents gameplans
    and strengths and making them fight his fight...

This is what Pavlic has gotta be careful off.
    Pav's a Bad muthaF**ka and all but if your not careful you will find old
    B-Hop has robbed you out of the fight...
    i think Pavlik may have a better chance at pinning Hopkins down because he has a good jab and he has long arms however if that Jab does not have the desired effect Hopkins is going to tee of on Pavlik with right hands and keep switching the angles to avoid the right hand i see Pavlik winning but i think Hopkins will cause him plenty of problems but he is to old to win the fight IMO

no stamina to sustain his good work

Pavlik uses relentless aggression as a tactic in some fights Miranda etc but he does stand off and Box aswell depending on who he is fighting Lockett ,Taylor 2 so i think Pavlik and Jack Loew know what there doing tactially aswell not as much as B Hop but they are not naive

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
      i think Pavlik may have a better chance at pinning Hopkins down because he has a good jab and he has long arms however if that Jab does not have the desired effect Hopkins is going to tee of on Pavlik with right hands and keep switching the angles to avoid the right hand i see Pavlik winning but i think Hopkins will cause him plenty of problems but he is to old to win the fight IMO

no stamina to sustain his good work

Pavlik uses relentless aggression as a tactic in some fights Miranda etc but he does stand off and Box aswell depending on who he is fighting Lockett ,Taylor 2 so i think Pavlik and Jack Loew know what there doing tactially aswell not as much as B Hop but they are not naive

Yeh thats a good point you brought up that Old B-Hop hasnt got
      the stamina to sustain what he wants to do in the ring.
      And with Pav none stop coming forward its gonna wear Hopkins down..

I think Hop is gonna try and make it a dog fight thats his only way
      really of tryin to knock Pav off what his gotta do and drag the fight out
      and try and nick it that way...

Comment

Originally posted by ALPHA O`MEGA View Post
        true in a way, but tito's problem was lack of activity and hop ****ing his rhythm up.there's a reason hopkins didn't go toe to toe with trinidad, when in my opinion he could have taken tito's best punch and and thrown back.as far as cotto, he forgot his bread and butter i can't stress this enough, he spent way to much time fighting backwards, and not digging in and taking away margarito's space, if he did most of marga's punches would be smothered by marga.
        cotto really needs to learn how to block punches with his hands his upper body movement is average.
        some good points especially about Hopkins ****ing up his rythm Oscar showed him the way their i feel

Cotto definetly did not get enough of Margarito respect by pushing foward more and keeping him honest and he payed for it

Comment

Hopkins just uses every trick in the book. He clinches, hits on the hip, low blows inside, leads with his head on every lead punch, uses his head in clinches, hits on the break, hits while clinching.

He does ALL of this in every fight.

Comment

true in a way, but tito's problem was lack of activity and hop ****ing his rhythm up.there's a reason hopkins didn't go toe to toe with trinidad, when in my opinion he could have taken tito's best punch and and thrown back.as far as cotto, he forgot his bread and butter i can't stress this enough, he spent way to much time fighting backwards, and not digging in and taking away margarito's space, if he did most of marga's punches would be smothered by marga.
            cotto really needs to learn how to block punches with his hands his upper body movement is average.
            Excellent point. I've seen a lot of great posts from you! Keep it up man

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
              some good points especially about Hopkins ****ing up his rythm Oscar showed him the way their i feel

Cotto definetly did not get enough of Margarito respect by pushing foward more and keeping him honest and he payed for it
              exactly.

Originally posted by abosworth View Post
              Excellent point. I've seen a lot of great posts from you! Keep it up man
              thanks man, the thing is a fight vs gomez in my opinion was what messed up his psyche. cotto can box there's no doubt about that, but that fight made him forget the fighter he truly is.

Comment

exactly.

thanks man, the thing is a fight vs gomez in my opinion was what messed up his psyche. cotto can box there's no doubt about that, but that fight made him forget the fighter he truly is.
                Yeah, it's like he all of a sudden started fighting like Floyd Mayweather. He could do that with ease against Gomez but Margarito wasn't having any of it. I actually made a thread about this after the Gomez fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=175022

Comment

in a way what he did was an indication that that's where his thinking was.

Comment

win or lose i can guarantee 1 thing/// pavlik's face will be ****ed up after all is said and done and wont be the same fighter

Comment

Originally posted by JC#1 View Post
                      But Tito is a Welterweight.
                      was a welterweight, he couldn't make 147 anymore the guying was walking around at 170 dude. He was favored to beat hopkins too, He had already got a belt at 160 and defeated william joppy.

Comment

Working...
                      X