Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont think Gamboa is scared. Top Rank is pressuring him. Your thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think Gamboa is scared. Top Rank is pressuring him. Your thoughts?

I dont think he's scared like everyone is saying. He hasn't even signed the contract. This whole thing looks like a ploy to get him to fight. I mean if I was him and I was looking to switch promoters I wouldn't want to jump into a fight right away either. I dont know where I read it but someone on this board said they're trying to get him to sign for an additional 5 years to take the Rios fight. Thats BS. If he doesn't want to be with Top Rank anymore and his contract is expiring, he should have the freedom to choose with whom he wants to be promoted. Dont you think?

Or do you think this vicious, undefeated, very good fighter is shamelessly and publicly fearing and avoiding Rios?

He just signed a 2 year extension

But the problem isnt with top rank anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      He just signed a 2 year extension

But the problem isnt with top rank anyway
      Then whats the problem?

Comment

Gamboa afraid of Rios? In my best "Tony Montana" voice, "No. Fuck no...."

Brandon is one tough hombre, but there's no reason whatsoever why Yuri would fear him. All this talk about cowardice comes from immature (both literally and figuratively) "fans."

There is precious little evidence, but it's slowly beginning to appear that Gamboa has an issue with his co-promoter Ahmet Oner, not Bob Arum or Top Rank. I hope we get some solid answers soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
          Then whats the problem?
          Oner and Arena Box

Comment

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Whatever the case, I dont think for a sec that Gamboa fears Rios.

Comment

Not that he fears him...he just doesn't want to be with Top Rank anymore because Mayweather promo is trying to get him.
              Which explains why he mentioned passing the torch to him and Broner.... but still, he signed an extension and if he doesn't go through with the fight.... he just screwed his career over.
              He's still ducking Rios though

Comment

Gamboa afraid of Rios? Lmao, Gamboa would spark Rios in a frightening fashion............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Not that he fears him...he just doesn't want to be with Top Rank anymore because Mayweather promo is trying to get him.
                  Which explains why he mentioned passing the torch to him and Broner.... but still, he signed an extension and if he doesn't go through with the fight.... he just screwed his career over.
                  He's still ducking Rios though
                  explain to me how he is ducking him. So he doesn't fear him, he's just ducking him right? And by your logic, if Gamboa is ducking Rios, then Rios is ducking Victor Ortiz and Berto and Mayweather and the rest of the welterweights.

Comment

Why in the flying **** would Gamboa be afraid of Rios?

That's like saying Pacquiao is afraid of chicken fighting.

Comment

Working...
                    X