The new Dead Rising 2 Off the Record doesn't impress me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Dead Rising 2 Off the Record doesn't impress me

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/de...t#toggle_video

It looks too similar to Dead Rising 2 with the blond hair character replaced by fat Frank. The bosses look the same, the environment looks the same.

It looks like a piece of crap, is this a downloadable content or are they trying to charge 40-60 bucks for a game that looks and plays almost exactly like Dead Rising 2? :laugher:

Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%
    Unsure
    0.00%

Well, this seems like a cool weapon. But the story is still the same from the clips I've seen. It will feel like playing the game again. Plus, I liked Chuck Greene's character more. I'd actually prefer to play as Chuck Greene with some of the new stuff in the game. Frank West looks like a tubby and just doesn't look cool to me. While Greene's character had that Chuck Noris type of bad ass vibe.

Comment

While Greene's character indeed has some norris genes

Comment

I'll probably play the new dead rising 2 off the record just because I was a fan of the original but I know its going to feel like I'm replaying the original only with the black hair fat guy character. I want to check out the new amusement park.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the series, & i'm looking forward to this game for 2 important reasons:

1. The re-introduction of the camera, which was why i loved the first one as much as i did. Case West was just too damn short to enjoy that aspect.

&

2. I loved the multiplayer on DR 2 and i want to see if they threw in a few new modes.

Besides that I understand completely that there's little to no difference in the look and feel of the game from the last one, but hey it's $40 so i've got no reason not to jump on it IMHO.
          Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X