No announcement yet.

Reality Check Rios and Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    I got a couple things to say, but first please learn to use paragraphs.

Anyways, who says Floyd isn't an ATG? He is, but realistically he's he's not even near the top 20 ATGs of the sport. He's self proclaimed in my opinion because he never truly DOMINATED his weight classes by not fighting those that also could of stated they ruled it as there are multiple champions. At least he should of fought Paul Williams and 140 pound undefeated Cotto.

Guerrero tried to adapt? Seems like BS to me and I enjoyed the **** out of watching Floyd that night. Also, Manny threw over 1000 punches with Marg with Marg throwing over 800..

I give Floyd 55/45 to win against Manny. Back in 08-10 I got Manny pulling the upset 60/40.

I can insert paragraphs if you would like.....lol.. but let's get down to business. All the fighters people say Floyd ducked he tried to fight in there prime any true boxing fan knows this. Only duck I can honestly say is legit is Marg but money talks and baldimir offered more money at the time. And it's not about how many punches you throw it's how many you land (Canelo & trout) and how they affect you. Do you really think the Ghost output just dropped for no reason? Anyway I said this and always believed this May would beat manny not because he is not good it's styles. I want to see the fight but we all know if May wins now after the fight people will say he waited until Pac was washed up. But ask yourself why is it Floyd older been in the game about as long and outlasted all his rivals. And don't say cherry picking because he has fought good fighters. His problem was like a lot of young talent now when he was prime and other guys were prime he was not a name therefore high risk low reward.
    Last edited by WitherGlove; 05-07-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Rios is a 140 who just lost his last fight and he isn't even one of the top 140 and he lost to a fringe top ten fighter at 140 and will now get major fight at 147. I don't get that. Now he is exciting and has a good chin, Alvarado hurt him bad so not unbreakable, and PAC is coming off a brutal KO so I don't mind the fight as a tune up against a name opponent but in no way should we have to pay to watch two losers fight. I know both of them are popular but one isn't even a top fighter

That's my gripe with this fight

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        Jokes and immaturity put to the side, Pacquiao was recently knocked out, and hasn't exactly looked like a fighter at the top of his game in recent match ups. When you look at fighters like Amir Khan, who fought Diaz and Molina after getting knocked out, expecting Pacquiao to fight a dominant fighter on the back of 2 losses is unreasonable.

If I'm going to be honest I think him stepping in the ring with Rios is a bit stupid and it a sign that Bob Arum is more interested in cashing out on his fighter. It'd be more appropriate for Pacquiao to fight a fighter with a low output and low punching power so that he can actually tune up.
        but you have to put things into prospective his lost to Brady was a lost on paper we all know who won, and to Marquez he was looking better than he looked since Cotto before he got caught. I know what you mean though the ko could have changed him, but people acting like Rios is a danger. If Pac is 60 percent of the guy who fought Marquez Pac is going to destroy him easy.

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
          but you have to put things into prospective his lost to Brady was a lost on paper we all know who won, and to Marquez he was looking better than he looked since Cotto before he got caught. I know what you mean though the ko could have changed him, but people acting like Rios is a danger. If Pac is 60 percent of the guy who fought Marquez Pac is going to destroy him easy.
          The same thing can be said of Amir Khan. He loss to Peterson is marred with controversy, and he was competitive in his fight with Garcia before getting sonned. Under those circumstances no one expects Khan to take on dangerous fights right away.

If Pacquiao destroys Rios with ease, so be it. A tune up fight is not supposed to be difficult. It is suppose to let the fighter no where they are, regain confidence and gain insight with regards to the areas they need to improve.

Also I have no problem with Bob Arum ( or whoever is from Pacquiao's camp) hyping up the fight. What do you expect them to say when trying to sell the product. ''Yeah Pacquiao should steam roll this opponent, give me all of your money''.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            but in no way should we have to pay to watch two losers fight.
            This right here. This fight isn't even PPV worthy. Shit, even Oscar let regular HBO get some of his last few fights. The fight should be on regular HBO and it would do MASSIVE ratings.

Comment

The same thing can be said of Amir Khan. He loss to Peterson is marred with controversy, and he was competitive in his fight with Garcia before getting sonned. Under those circumstances no one expects Khan to take on dangerous fights right away.

If Pacquiao destroys Rios with ease, so be it. A tune up fight is not supposed to be difficult. It is suppose to let the fighter no where they are, regain confidence and gain insight with regards to the areas they need to improve.

Also I have no problem with Bob Arum ( or whoever is from Pacquiao's camp) hyping up the fight. What do you expect them to say when trying to sell the product. ''Yeah Pacquiao should steam roll this opponent, give me all of your money''.
              True but khan is not consider atg and it's not ppv.. Don't get me wrong I don't want to see Pac get sparked out again trying to be to brave I just would like people and the media to take it for what it is a tune up

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
                True but khan is not consider atg and it's not ppv.. Don't get me wrong I don't want to see Pac get sparked out again trying to be to brave I just would like people and the media to take it for what it is a tune up
                That I understand but at the same time you need to understand that this is a business. Products are always advertised to be better than they actually are, you don't make money off of people with honesty.

Comment

That I understand but at the same time you need to understand that this is a business. Products are always advertised to be better than they actually are, you don't make money off of people with honesty.
                  Sad but true reality, hopefully the undercard packed. I know one thing Alvarado better be really injured or that would be bogus he deserves a pay day.

Comment

I don't even see how ts can compare the 2 right now. Pacman just got whacked for heavens sake.

Comment

Working...
                    X