Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight RJJ against current heavies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By heavyweight, I mean the 2003 RJJ who dominated Ruiz.

Comment

the klits and haye definitely beat him. Im sure there are others that could beat him too, but not that easily. 2003 version of roy would give any heavyweight a tough fight (even the top guys), but there are only a few he couldnt beat. he was just too good in all aspects...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        if a 2003 version of roy jones (before he lost to tarver) goes up against any of the current heavy weights, he'd school each and every one of 'em. rjj had the entire package.
        Are you stupid? The Klitschko brothers would kill him in the ring with a solid jab.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          Some answers in this thread prove just how much boxing fans can delude themselves into raising up the older boxers on a pedestal. The new guys are all a bunch of nobodies but an old fat and slow Roy Jones would make a good heavyweight? Get real.
          uhh... cause they are. and when was rjj old and fat when he was at heavy?? try paying attention to the title and the replies to get a better handle of what we are talking about, instead of automatically coming in with your generic hating bullshit that is as insignificant as you. clown

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Who would you favour him against? Where would he fall short.
            You must hate Roy and want to see him dead from a HEAVYWEIGHT knockout blow.

Comment

Roy is not a heavyweight and never was,he picked the perfect slow plodding Ruiz to snatch a title from and wisely went back down in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                Roy is not a heavyweight and never was,he picked the perfect slow plodding Ruiz to snatch a title from and wisely went back down in weight.

if he chose to stay there and got acclimated up there, he most definitely coulda been a top 5, no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  if he chose to stay there and got acclimated up there, he most definitely coulda been a top 5, no doubt
                  Naw man i don't think so,he was already in his mid 30's slowing down and would not have been able to handle the punches at heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                    Naw man i don't think so,he was already in his mid 30's slowing down and would not have been able to handle the punches at heavyweight
                    I dono man, his speed and his amazing reflexes and skills woulda gotten him pretty far I think. its RJJ we're talking about here. he made ruiz looks foolish. now granted john ruiz is likely the top 3 worst heavyweights / fighters in the history of humanity, roy went up there and dismantled him, and he was a supposed "champion"

i tihnk RJJ coulda beat alot of heavies if he chose to stay there and stayed healthy...

Comment

RJJ would get annihilated by the likes of the Klits and Haye. I think he'd have a good fight with guys like Chisora/Helenius/Pulav. He could may be squeak out wins but be a champion? Never

Comment

Working...
                      X