No announcement yet.

Rant: UFC will slowly take fans away from boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aggroblakh View Post
    Came here to post this. I started watching combat sports because of the UFC, got into K-1 and kickboxing, and now am a bigger fan of boxing than I ever was with the other two sports. It just depends on the person, I'd say.
    their main event fight hasnt really live up to the hype as of late. and i know in boxing we get this also, but lately a lot of the "big fights" in the ufc has turn into a total let down.

and a lot of the old fighters that i used to love to watch is not fighting anymore and the new fighters is just too technical that when they fight eachother, you get 5 minutes of them rolling on the ground trying to submit eachother but because their skill set is equal to one another it just goes on like this for the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
      They have new owners. This happens at literally every company that's been bought. Nice try though.

The TS is right. I love them both but the UFC absolutely destroyed boxing this year. McGregor put the UFC on his back and is making them millions upon millions. Multiple PPVs with over a million buys already.

Haymon is killing boxing making fighters spoiled brats so the big fights aren't happening.
      LOL McGregor fought a focking journeyman twice, and lost the first fight.

Please stop it with the UFC jockriding. Enough already..

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        It's called a comparison. 2 combat sports, one doing multiple million plus PPV per year, matching top contender against champion on a almost consistent basis and one where the so called face of the sport draws 250,000-300,000 PPV and the other gets anywhere from 97-150k and instead of seeing the top guys fight we get these ducks running away from big fights and then complaining why theyre not more well known.

For every Ward-Kovalev we get the UFC puts on 5 shows just like it or better.
        I'll never give up on boxing but I'm a 40 year old guy and have been following before the UFC existed in the mainstream, guys I work with that are 20 couldn't care less about boxing and it's all about the UFC. So good luck bringing new fans in when we get older and fade away putting on garbage fights all the time that nobody gives a fk about while your competition is destroying you with quality fights.
        What "quality fights" are you people talking about? McGregor vs journeyman brawler Diaz X 2? Jones vs a garbage OSP? An ancient Hendo vs Bisping? Holm getting wrecked twice in a row after knocking off the "invincible" RR? Ubereem being literally chased around the ring by Stipe (Who?)? I mean what in the literal hell are you people talking about?

Boxing is giving you a fight between probably the two best fighters in the world and all you people can do is whine. It's un-focking-real!

Comment

Same thing has happened to me and I NEVER thought it would. I have slowly become more inactive because there is NOTHING happening in boxing, it's just boring. On the other hand, the UFC has excitement going on every week whether with fights, press conferences, news, specials, their YT channel, video game... it's just so dynamic all around. And with the rise of striking in the UFC, boxing is just as good as dead rn.

No ducking in the UFC and boxing doesnt give fans what they want. Crap product in comparison, no structure. Boxing will be dead as soon as Golovkin is gone, he is the only link keeping me connected to boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Same thing has happened to me and I NEVER thought it would. I have slowly become more inactive because there is NOTHING happening in boxing, it's just boring. On the other hand, the UFC has excitement going on every week whether with fights, press conferences, news, specials, their YT channel, video game... it's just so dynamic all around. And with the rise of striking in the UFC, boxing is just as good as dead rn.

No ducking in the UFC and boxing doesnt give fans what they want. Crap product in comparison, no structure. Boxing will be dead as soon as Golovkin is gone, he is the only link keeping me connected to boxing right now.
            Right. UFC has a better hype machine but the idea that the best always fight the best in UFC is complete and utter garbage..

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
              Everybody says boxing is dying every year...still ain't dead yet.

I think it's about to see a rise in viewership. We are in a situation now where there is a lot of talent in the ranks.

UFC is not remotely a threat because they have a particular fan base and the majority of them aren't boxing fans....

Boxing has a particular fan base and the majority of them aren't UFC fans...

Really nothing to compare. We've seen what the very best fighters in boxing can generate with a crappy undercard...

UFC can literally put every money-generating start they have in a PPV and it still won't touch the numbers for Mayweather vs Canelo, let alone Mayweather vs Oscar DLH/Pacquiao....

If UFC is a threat...I'll definitely take that....

If the UFC was that big of a threat then it wouldn't have sold...

No one will ever be able be able to BUY the NFL or NBA...and no one will ever be able to BUY BOXING....Haymon has a ton of fighters but he can't get everyone...
              Dude, no one can buy MMA. UFC is just ONE promoter. There is Bellator, Rizin, KSW, Road FC. a ton of promotions.

Comment

Slowly? they already did, the only people who watch boxing are all over 40 years old, and some minorities and blacks.

Blacks and latinos are now into UFC as well, as boxing, so they already captured that demo

and UFC already has the youth, so boxing is pretty much a dead sport it will still be around but it will be like other niche sports.

I dont know any kid who likes boxing, Id say like 5 percent youth watch boxing of kids who enjoy combat sports and the rest 95 percent like UFC.

Boxing is done its a wrap and that boring fight Mayweather vs Pacquiao killed it.

Comment

Originally posted by (...Y...) View Post
                  Dude, no one can buy MMA. UFC is just ONE promoter. There is Bellator, Rizin, KSW, Road FC. a ton of promotions.
                  The UFC has damn-near bought every other organization out. Most organization's fighters strive to be in the UFC. Yes, Bellator has gotten some UFC fighters as of late with with "Mr. Wonderful" Phil Davis probably being the best of them. But essentially, if you own the UFC you control the MMA market for the most part. And the fact is, UFC can be bought. The're was a price tag for the UFC. I'm sure if someone wanted they could purchase all of the other promotions such as Rizin and Bellator.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Slowly? they already did, the only people who watch boxing are all over 40 years old, and some minorities and blacks.

Blacks and latinos are now into UFC as well, as boxing, so they already captured that demo

and UFC already has the youth, so boxing is pretty much a dead sport it will still be around but it will be like other niche sports.

I dont know any kid who likes boxing, Id say like 5 percent youth watch boxing of kids who enjoy combat sports and the rest 95 percent like UFC.

Boxing is done its a wrap and that boring fight Mayweather vs Pacquiao killed it.
                    Clearly you're not actively around boxing. It's easy to say if you're not around it. I promise you I can show you that boxing is alive and well if you were in my location.

Comment

Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
                      Clearly you're not actively around boxing. It's easy to say if you're not around it. I promise you I can show you that boxing is alive and well if you were in my location.
                      You must live in another country

Boxing is dead in America man, the gyms are empty, UFC has gyms in the suburbs and rich white parents who let their kids wrestle let them do ufc.

Also blacks and Latinos are now into it, if you want to get into boxing you have to go to a dangerous barrior or hood for a gym, with UFC you can find a legit gym teaching jiujitsu in a nice suburb.

Comment

Working...
                      X