This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neils7147933
    Dreamer has actually gone on record saying "Give the new ECW a chance" when the first few shows were **** - even putting over Show and Randy Orton for their work ethic and toughness. Guess he's starting to come around...
    If they do it right i think Show would be great help to get it rolling again. They also should have used Kane for ECW his gimmic would fit in better then the others do .

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA
      If they do it right i think Show would be great help to get it rolling again. They also should have used Kane for ECW his gimmic would fit in better then the others do .
      Wow - I couldn't disagree with you more. "Getting over the new ECW" is a misconception on Vince's part. If he let Paul run the show and he just cut the checks and kept his storywriters off the product, the federation would be successful - and he would have two distinct brands - the "sports entertainment" brand - and the "hardcore wrestling" brand.

The only "new" ECW guys should come from TNA's X-Division as they become available, Ring of Honor, CZW, or - since there is a shortage of heels and because Paul is familiar with their roster, OVW. Big Show is not ECW. Kane wouldn't be either. Cena isn't for sure. Or Edge. Or ORton. Or, even though he's my favorite wrestler, Kurt Angle - his crossover was the smallest stretch - but being the only "mat wrestler" in the fed could only last so long anyway, and now he's injured....

Comment

hey if put in some requests could any of you download some old fights for me karma/points would be given

Comment

Originally posted by El Temible
          hey if put in some requests could any of you download some old fights for me karma/points would be given
          there is a ton of them on youtube just type up who you want to see or wwf wwe wcw whatever

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933
            Wow - I couldn't disagree with you more. "Getting over the new ECW" is a misconception on Vince's part. If he let Paul run the show and he just cut the checks and kept his storywriters off the product, the federation would be successful - and he would have two distinct brands - the "sports entertainment" brand - and the "hardcore wrestling" brand.

The only "new" ECW guys should come from TNA's X-Division as they become available, Ring of Honor, CZW, or - since there is a shortage of heels and because Paul is familiar with their roster, OVW. Big Show is not ECW. Kane wouldn't be either. Cena isn't for sure. Or Edge. Or ORton. Or, even though he's my favorite wrestler, Kurt Angle - his crossover was the smallest stretch - but being the only "mat wrestler" in the fed could only last so long anyway, and now he's injured....
            yeah i understand it's just that i'm more into the wwe and wcw type wrestling so i need to have the 7' tall 300 pound gimmics to make it fun to watch .

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA
              yeah i understand it's just that i'm more into the wwe and wcw type wrestling so i need to have the 7' tall 300 pound gimmics to make it fun to watch .

thats what I like too, or the insanely fat dudes that you just can't knock over.

The best rivalry of rasslin' history was Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker though.

Undertaker when he never spoke, rolled his eyes back in his head, done that sitting up thing after getting battered for the entire match, also having Paul Bearer.

Comment

Looks like DX will be over before it even gets going

Shawn Michaels' frustration with the DeGeneration X angle is ever-increasing reports the Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter.

HBK does not want to be viewed as "difficult" by his peers, and he's refrained from making any major complaints about the storyline. As seen on RAW, when the storyline calls for something against his religious beliefs, he comedically withdraws himself from the situation.

Shawn Michaels will take a hiatus to undergo knee surgery after DX's stint comes to an end. Upon returning, he will work a limited, three weeks per month schedule.wrestlingnews.com

Comment

I really dont like the ECW idea. Its just a way for WWE to put more of their superstars to use. They have way too many established stars right now to fit in raw and smackdown. I rather just see then give some people up to TNA. The whole "extreme" thing isnt going to work in todays wrestling world. Honestly what suprises any of you in wrestling anymore? Extreme matches to me are annoying after a while. Right now ECW is just raw with bad lighting.

Comment

This is why I didnt want to see D-X back. I knew it wouldnt last long. If it lasts past summerslam ill be suprised.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingguy1226
                      I really dont like the ECW idea. Its just a way for WWE to put more of their superstars to use. They have way too many established stars right now to fit in raw and smackdown. I rather just see then give some people up to TNA. The whole "extreme" thing isnt going to work in todays wrestling world. Honestly what suprises any of you in wrestling anymore? Extreme matches to me are annoying after a while. Right now ECW is just raw with bad lighting.
                      ECW was more than barbed wire, ladders, tables, and chairs anyway, but I understand what you're saying - ECW on Sci-Fi is like the old Sunday Night Heat before they went to WWF New York and then made it more or less a highlight show.

I've only seen two non-PPV matches that were worth watching since the new show came out - Sabu vs. Mamaluke and Sabu vs. Roadkill.

They've got 60 min. - they should have 3 WRESTLING matches.

Of course 3 Wrestling matches would be more than Raw and Smackdown combined too.

Squashes, run-ins, skits, all the swimsuit/striptease bull**** - it's why I quit watching wrestling. I keep hoping a gem will slip through in the new ECW - One Night Stand II had some good matches - Misterio vs. Sabu, Funk & Dreamer vs. Foley & Edge - even RVD vs. Cena until the end... All doesn't have to be lost, but Paul needs to be able to book the shows and let in-ring stuff happen that isn't just squash matches

Comment

Working...
                      X