Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight lemiux,ggg,rosado,andy lee,some good options for canelo

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      I could see a David lemieux fight if he wanted to test the waters at 160. That would be a hell of a slugfest,and both are already under goldenboy.
      I agree, this would be a great fight for Canelo at 160 after fighting Cotto and prior to fighting Golovkin.

Comment

Are the Charlo brothers anywhere near the horizon?

Comment

Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
          No ****ing way I watch another Canelo-Lara fight.

It's GGG or GTFOH for Canelo. I think he'll step up to the plate too, doesn't really strike me the type of dude who ducks anyone.
          Well there's a first time for everything

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Fetta my man, that's not right. canelo needs a quality opponent at MW that actually makes him work so he can keep getting better and actually be ready for a GGG level opponent.

Fighting another easy guy or a blown up WW/JWW, hasn't Canelo had enough of those types of opponents?
            I dont want that at all, im just saying what i think itll be.

I hope he keeps challenging himself.

I was a huge Canelo fan for awhile there, still am, but he turned me off a bit.

Comment

If he beats Cotto, he probably fights again in May 2016 and ends that year with another big fight against GGG imo.
              Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 06-18-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                It would be a soft touch, victory parade type fight. Then winner of Lemiux/Ndam, Murray or depending on fight maybe rematch with Cotto.

Of course he would need to to move up to MW for these
                Pretty sure Murray has moved to 168 so that's outta the question. Someone I would say could give him some good rounds might be someone like Vanes. I still want to see one of the Charlo's against Andrade to gauge where they are at before facing someone like Canelo. But that's really it at 154 besides Lara, which is a rematch I don't see happening. But yeah he needs to get the **** out of 155 and move to 160 already.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  I'd be down for either of these. Sooner or later, him and Lara need to do it again. That's the definition of unfinished business. It was a close fight.
                  I agree with this, unfortunately. It was a shitty fight, but also a very competitive one. The result was too close and indecisive to leave the rivalry at that. Maybe if they both get belts at some point, there'd be an incentive to make it happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                    If Alvarez beats Cotto, the Golovkin fight seems logical... if De La Hoya allows it. Even if he loses, Cotto might still duck Golovkin and go the Mayweather II route. So what other fights are out there for Alvarez? I think he's getting a decent resumé going, having fought all the names demanded of him (Trout, Mayweather, Lara) and taken some scalps to keep busy (Angulo, Kirkland).

The only one I can think of is Lara II, just because of the closeness of the first fight, but nobody wants to see that again.
                    After the Cotto fight, win or lose, Alvarez is likely hitting a heavy dearth (with the question posed, I went to BoxRec to get a gauge of what's available and quickly saw that his brother, Joshua Clottey, Carson Jones, Jack Culcay[if Sauerland's want him to leave Germany], Alfonso Gomez, John Thompson[Boxcino], and Patrick Texiera as the only fighters available to him in BoxRec's top 30 at 154).

With the Golovkin fight YEARS away, per the mouth of Oscar De La Hoya, get ready for non-fight spectacle show (Alvarez-Gomez II from Azteca Stadium); ie can crushing.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      Pretty sure Murray has moved to 168 so that's outta the question. Someone I would say could give him some good rounds might be someone like Vanes. I still want to see one of the Charlo's against Andrade to gauge where they are at before facing someone like Canelo. But that's really it at 154 besides Lara, which is a rematch I don't see happening. But yeah he needs to get the **** out of 155 and move to 160 already.
                      Didnt know Murray had moved up already but ok. I can see Vanes getting the fight.

Charlos i like too but those are more unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                      X