Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's the latest on Andre Ward? No word yet on him fighting again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's the latest on Andre Ward? No word yet on him fighting again?

Does anyone know what's going on with his promotional issues? What's the latest? Is he retired?

honestly not to many people really care if he fights again.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
      honestly not to many people really care if he fights again.
      I care. He is from the Bay.

Comment

why would anyone want to see him fight again? on the day of a ward fight have you ever been excited? oh wow ward is fighting has never ever been said. and even if you were excited for some strange reason your excitement died instantly when he started to clinch and you say to yourself oh yea i forgot...

Comment

They should let him out of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            why would anyone want to see him fight again? on the day of a ward fight have you ever been excited? oh wow ward is fighting has never ever been said. and even if you were excited for some strange reason your excitement died instantly when he started to clinch and you say to yourself oh yea i forgot...
            He's boring no doubt but I want him to be in the mix at 175. Lot of good matchups there.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
              They should let him out of the contract.
              Why? Ward signed the contract himself he should honor his obligations. Plus it's not like Goossen Tutor is as big as Top Rank or Golden Boy who have numerous stars, Ward us the biggest fighter they have and by all legal rights he owes them fights. They had to spend al lot of money promoting the guy over the years, not too mention all the money they spent on lawyers defending the guy. Normally I'm all for fighters getting out of contracts if they are bad, but Ward signed a good deal and they've done everything they could have possibly done for the guy as far as getting big fights. Ward just needs to man up and honor his commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                Because he's one of the best fighters in the world.

Comment

may 16th will be the date(year and 6 monthes), if he hasnt signed a contract for a fight by then he is considered officially retired by WBA and RING. He will lose his ring belt and his WBA belt, if WBA and Ring both honor that rule that is

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Why? Ward signed the contract himself he should honor his obligations. Plus it's not like Goossen Tutor is as big as Top Rank or Golden Boy who have numerous stars, Ward us the biggest fighter they have and by all legal rights he owes them fights. They had to spend al lot of money promoting the guy over the years, not too mention all the money they spent on lawyers defending the guy. Normally I'm all for fighters getting out of contracts if they are bad, but Ward signed a good deal and they've done everything they could have possibly done for the guy as far as getting big fights. Ward just needs to man up and honor his commitments.
                    I hear you but if they aren't offering him fights, what's the point of keeping him under contract? I mean, the dude has a family to support. Doesn't make financial sense keeping him on the shelf. They have to put the lawsuit behind them and move on. It's the same reason why I have issues with Bob Arum. Either work out your differences and offer them fights or let them go. He handled Chavez Jr. and Mikey Garcia's situation wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X