Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Previously, i made a thread asking if HGH has benefits for boxers taking it 14 days just prior to a fight. I felt that i should simply broaden my question to include EPO, ROIDS, BLOOD DOPING etc.

So here's my REVISED QUESTION:

Is there any scientific evidence showing significant benefits for BOXERS roiding up just two weeks or 14 days before the fight? (this includes EPO, ROIDS, BLOOD DOPING and any other drug i didn't mention).

So far, all i've gotten is proof that for banned substances like EPO to be effective, one has to take it regularly FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AHEAD. Even then, there are valid questions if these actually benefit boxers.

Why 14 days? Well, since Pac is asking for a 14 day window for the random blood tests, let us simply assume, FOR THE SAKE OF CONVERSATION, that he really is doping, and since he will be tested randomly UP TO 14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIGHT, thus the 14 day window. If so, is there scientific proof that he'd actually benefit for doping just 14 days before the fight?

All i'm asking for is hard scientific evidence. No conjectures, guesses, opinions or statistics taken from thin air. I'm looking for EVIDENCE, FACTS and links for scientific journals or studies.

bump..................................

Comment

epo can blood doping can be extremely beneficial im on my ps3 ill post links later on my laptop

Comment

No one here has evidence of about PED usage or anything for that matter, just opinions and conjecture followed by the phrase "true story".

Comment

seriously though, you shouldnt have said roids in the thread title, probably why nobody is responding. there are many many PED's he could be using for various reasons.
          if pacyow is asking for 14 days then shouldnt that say somehting? freddy talks about sparring, sparring is over 2 weeks before a fight.
          i dont know what source you have that said epo needs to be taken months in advance. look a little deeper, its not months. sorry, i just dont have the free time to get all the info for you. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post
            seriously though, you shouldnt have said roids in the thread title, probably why nobody is responding. there are many many PED's he could be using for various reasons.
            if pacyow is asking for 14 days then shouldnt that say somehting? freddy talks about sparring, sparring is over 2 weeks before a fight.
            i dont know what source you have that said epo needs to be taken months in advance. look a little deeper, its not months. sorry, i just dont have the free time to get all the info for you. good luck.
            Thanks! Part of the reason i seriously doubt there actually being benefits for roiding just 14 days before a fight is simply because its at that point when training is slowing down or toning down. This is to prevent over-training wherein the fighter feels tired on the day he fights.

This is a common principle among athletes and not just boxers.

Comment

yeah I can't imagine something called "performance enhancing drugs" would have an effect on a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                yeah I can't imagine something called "performance enhancing drugs" would have an effect on a person.
                Of course it would. i'm simply asking is 14 days enough for it to actually have significant benefits for a boxer?

Remember that this is 14 days right before a fight where the fighters are dehydrating themselves to make weight.

AND they are toning down their training to allow their bodies to recover for the day of the fight.
                Last edited by AFighter4U; 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

We all know Flyod and his team is using this as an excuse to duck the fight, Pac agreed to the 14 days OST now your hearing from the Flyod about retiring for a year or two.
                  *****s though think that 14 days OST will make Pac superhuman and would annihiliate Flyod Hatton style but face up, dead cold!!!
                  But with no cut-off it would still knock out Flyod cold, dont matter really. LOL

Comment

All the right friends in all the wrong places

Comment

Working...
                    X