No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Marciano vs. Wladimir Klitschko

I know this should be in Fantasy fights but it doesnt get enough traffic. Who wins? Wladimir or Marciano? Prime for prime of course.. It may seem stupid but I have a good reason for it....

Poll on the way..
    W. Klitschko
    72.73%
    Marciano
    27.27%

5'10 185 vs. 6'5 245

size DOES matter.

rocky gets tko'd or ko'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
      5'10 185 vs. 6'5 245

size DOES matter.

rocky gets tko'd or ko'd.
      especially when you have zero defence......

if rocky knew how to defend id give him a chance here, even with the size diff.

but nah he was a brawler, and a brawler will usually lose when fighting a bigger and stronger guy

Comment

Rocky supposedly had a great chin but I dont think he ever tasted anything close to WLads right hand, but I dont know that for sure. Even if he can Wlad's punch, he gets busted up so badly Rockys corner throws in the towel..

Comment

Wlad takes it by way of boring decision

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Rocky supposedly had a great chin but I dont think he ever tasted anything close to WLads right hand, but I dont know that for sure. Even if he can Wlad's punch, he gets busted up so badly Rockys corner throws in the towel..
            in his era heavyweights were about 6 ft. 200 lbs.

not fair for rocky. he'd be a light heavyweight in this era.

wlad will jab him to death and even if rocky does get inside , he'll tire from clinching the adonis giant.

Comment

Rocky Marciano would be known as one of the greatest light heavyweights of all time had he cut 5-10 lbs, which would've been hard since he trained very hard to get down to 185 but I'm sure it would be possible with today's weigh-in's and weight draining.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
                Rocky Marciano would be known as one of the greatest light heavyweights of all time had he cut 5-10 lbs, which would've been hard since he trained very hard to get down to 185 but I'm sure it would be possible with today's weigh-in's and weight draining.
                it's okay. most of his fights were with light heavyweights anyway. he he he

Comment

A much more interesting fight would be Marciano vs Hopkins at light HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                    it's okay. most of his fights were with light heavyweights anyway. he he he
                    Against two of the greatest light heavyweights, Archie Moore and Ezzard Charles + 'Kid' Matthews who was very solid at that weight.

No one would question his resume if he had fought at 175.

He never fought a talented heavyweight with size so it's impossible to really say for sure how he would've done in match-ups such as this.

Comment

Working...
                    X