Collapse
No announcement yet.

I told you so about Imam.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford's last few opponents. Not exactly bottom of the barrel...and most of these guys are solid b to b+ level guys, not c-level as some have alleged.

Dierry Jean 29-1

Thomas Dulorme 22-1

Reymundo Beltran 29-6-1

Yuriorkis Gamboa 23-0

Ricky Burns 36-2-1

Imam's last few. Who the hell are any of these dudes? The comparison is laughable, Crawford's resume is far superior.

Fernando Angulo 29-9

Walter Castillo 25-2

Fidel Maldanado jr 19-2

Santos Benavides 23-5-2

Comment

People love to hype up fighters who have not even proven themselves....but but he hits hard doe...

Comment

He looked great in the first round then got completely out worked every round after that. I don't think he prepared for his opponent (judging by he way he handled that pressure). He kept trying to do in-fighting when it clearly isn't his game.

One loss doesn't mean he was all hype though, he's still a major player at 140 IMO.

Comment

Imam has a tough love kind of trainer. He didn't chew the kid out too bad, did he ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
            Imam is an idiot. He should had been working on his defense
            Yeah part of it is his defense and part of it is his reflexes - his reaction time isn't great. There have been a couple of fights where he was not giving the impression that he was reacting to punches, jabs, feints, etc. His sense of anticipation of an incoming punch didn't happen until he warmed up later on in some fights...this dynamic is different than being a traditional slow starter. He'll have to bring his hands up and stop dragging his feet - apart from Granados working him on the inside, he was also taking Imam where he wanted to go. I'll still be watching his fights, he went out trying to fight

--------------
            I didn't even realize they were fighting, remember Granados from SHobox, those guys get matched up well. That was like a classic Shobox Main event or something. Good fight and surprise
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-29-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Did he get knocked out?

I always felt he looked chinny.

Comment

Imam has some good qualities too him. He's tall and rangy with power, and you can't really teach that. He's also got quick hands. But I feel he wasn't properly trained throughout his career.

He's got slow feet, he doesn't seem to know what to do when a fight is up close to him. No one taught him how to clinch/hold. His overall defense is lacking. He's got a lot of work to do to get back to the top and I think a change in trainers would benefit him.

Comment

Imam is down, lmao, brush my hair actually thought he's better than epence, now they're all gonna jump ship to spence,

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                    Oh great, another "I told you so" thread!
                    Green k.....there's a whole new generation of posters on here now....back in the days nobody really gave a **** about small things like this...dudes would bump a thread and take it from there...now cats making "I Told You So" threads....smh

Comment

Working...
                    X