Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we ever see a fighter as dominant as RJJ again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what happens when you put an athlete in boxing, freakish skills. He probably could've played professional Bball if he went that path, guys like Roy Jones Jr., Tyson, etc. that's that explosiveness of American athletes.

Comment

Other than freakish athleticism, what talent did Roy show? We saw what happened when his reflexes faded.

Comment

Originally posted by sL0 View Post
        This... Andro was very weak and needed to be converted in the body. This compared to the designer steroids used by Marion Jones, etc is laughable. I totally agree with your statement. There were other, more potent pro-steroids (legal before 2004) to take at that time.

Speaking on this thread, I don't think I've ever seen , or will see, anyone with the physical gifts Roy had.

I like Pac and all, but imo, it's not close to what Roy was capable of. If Roy had his killer instinct, my god. Roy-Griffin II displayed that instinct . He actually took chances. I truly believe seeing what happened to the G-Man changed him a little.
        He was a freak of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          Other than freakish athleticism, what talent did Roy show? We saw what happened when his reflexes faded.
          LOL!!!!

Other than freakish athleticism, what talent did Michael Jordan show? We saw what happened when his reflexes faded.

Comment

His style was built on his strengths. You can't knock him for that.

Comment

Whatever guy,

Roy was trained in all aspects of boxing since he was a young child by his father Roy Sr. Some of the training regimens that he had little Roy do as a child would of broke most men. With that being said Roy had technical skill which he showed in the Olympics and as an amateur time and time again, if he didn't he would of never gotten as far as he did becoming a multi-division champion.

Once RJJ left his father he created his own boxing style and dominated until the weight the lost. Don't sit here act like RJJ doesn't have any technical skill, he definitely was taught but he chose not to use it. Jones is also one of the best commentators to analyze a fight and break it down.
              Last edited by Achille; 10-05-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Roy was phenomenal, but he wasn't dominant over his best possible competition. People talk about him as the best SMW ever when he missed all the best possible SMW's. He had the opportunity to fight so many different fighters with HOF level talent in their prime and did not. The few he did were green (Hopkins), weight drained (Toney), or old (Johnson, Hill). I was a RJ cheerleader through my childhood, but waiting for him to step up was a discouraging lesson.
                i'm on the same line eastcoast. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X