• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ChopperRead;10315604]
    Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    I got Helenius by TKO late.

Peter's chin is gone.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that -- Sam is still very tough. Getting stopped by the Klitschkos isn't anything to be ashamed of.

However, with his weight being so high, Helenius should have the edge.
    I think the accumulated damage of three Klit fights and a James Mcline fight has really deteriorated his chin.

Not saying he should be ashamed of it. I just think he's been damaged pretty bad.

I could be wrong.

Comment

[QUOTE=ThePhantom5;10315642]
      Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post

I think the accumulated damage of three Klit fights and a James Mcline fight has really deteriorated his chin.

Not saying he should be ashamed of it. I just think he's been damaged pretty bad.

I could be wrong.
      Actually maybe he should be ashamed of quitting on his stool vs Vitali, when he wasn't injured.

I guess we'll see: Helenius has good power so he will test Peter's chin.

Comment

The HW division needs more scraps like these. Nice to see Helenius isn't taking the Boytsov route of avoiding any serious challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          The HW division needs more scraps like these. Nice to see Helenius isn't taking the Boytsov route of avoiding any serious challenges.
          Yup. Even if he loses (which I doubt at this point now) he doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus. Helenius is shaping up to be a decent HW prospect (though he still has a horrible boxercise way of holding his hands and a limpish jab) and whilst he lacks the talent of a Povetkin or a Boytsov, he's not afraid to take on all comers, that's for sure.

Comment

[QUOTE=ThePhantom5;10315642]
            Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post

I could be wrong.
            Who is that Roman picture-bust.....Emperor Augustus??

Comment

[QUOTE=edgarg;10315787]
              I meant this for the Phantom. Don't know how I got the Chopper into it in error.

Comment

[QUOTE=edgarg;10315787]
                Yes.

Octavian or better known as Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus, first Emperor of Rome.

Comment

Yes.

Octavian or better known as Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus, first Emperor of Rome.
                  Did you know that Roman statues were originally painted?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                    Yup. Even if he loses (which I doubt at this point now) he doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus. Helenius is shaping up to be a decent HW prospect (though he still has a horrible boxercise way of holding his hands and a limpish jab) and whilst he lacks the talent of a Povetkin or a Boytsov, he's not afraid to take on all comers, that's for sure.
                    Yeah people trying to protect their 0 en route to an undeserved title shot is hurting boxing. Boytsov is still young and he has had the hand injury, but Povetkin is what 30, with an extensive AM background and for a while, pretty good pro experience. WTF is he doing?

Yeah Helenius has some flaws to work out before he's title ready, but this fight should get him on more people's radar, at least. Be nice to see the Austin fight come through for Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                      Did you know that Roman statues were originally painted?
                      I did not know that.

Cool fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X