Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Helenius enters heavyweight Ring rankings at #9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bothers me about the Heavyweight division is that a guy like Helenius is going to get fed to the Klitschkos before he even reaches 20 fights. I cant think of any era in boxing where so many inexperienced guys were given shots just for having a 0 on their record.

Chisora, Boystov, Helenius, Ustinov and Fury should face each other before getting title shots.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
      What bothers me about the Heavyweight division is that a guy like Helenius is going to get fed to the Klitschkos before he even reaches 20 fights. I cant think of any era in boxing where so many inexperienced guys were given shots just for having a 0 on their record.

Chisora, Boystov, Helenius, Ustinov and Fury should face each other before getting title shots.
      Sauerland said he'll have Helenius fight a few more times before he goes for a world title.

I had been wondering why Helenius-Peter was not part of the IBF eliminator, but what Sauerland said explains why.

It will be the winner of Thompson-Harris to fight Chambers to become the IBF mandatory. But I think Wlad will vacate next year, instead of being forced to fight people he's already KOed. Nobody wants to see Chambers-Wladimir II.

Comment

Shame he trains under Wegner, he will never get a good defense absent from the turtledefense and never have good footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
          Shame he trains under Wegner, he will never get a good defense absent from the turtledefense and never have good footwork.
          He has improved tremendously since he started working with Wegner.

Helenius didn't have a sparkling amateur record like Povetkin and Solis - although he had an amazing KO percentage in the amateurs, he lost his share of decisions.

Comment

I gotta get back up on the Heavyweight division. I haven't been following it as much as I should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
              He has improved tremendously since he started working with Wegner.

Helenius didn't have a sparkling amateur record like Povetkin and Solis - although he had an amazing KO percentage in the amateurs, he lost his share of decisions.
              That's true, he improved a lot with Wegner and his amateur record wasn't so good, but footwork and head movement will never be his strength with that trainer.

Comment

nice picture lol

Comment

It was a blast to finally find a forum with some knowlegdable boxing people who are interested in more than pacman/Mayweather argument.

I was personally concerned of how Robben would be able to deal with Peter's heavy hooks, but he dealt with it pretty good - though none of them got through his defense.

Robert does not look very athletic, but it is due to not using medical boost in developing his physic. However, he is probably the biggest puncher of today's heavy weight division due to his perfect punching technique and natural speed in his hands.

Check out the left hooks he hit on Peter - perfect stance and execution from hips to arms. Such technically perfect KO punches in heavy weight division in such level have not been executed after Lennox Lewis retired. And left hook is not even his best punch...

His downfall will probably become his lack of effort. He can punch anyone out, but when it comes decision times he will probably not be active enough to show enough effort to take a points win against a fighter with more reputation.

edit: Forgot to add that his next fight will most likely be for the European championship title against Dimitrenko if it can be made. According to his manager.
                  Last edited by RazzAxx; 04-05-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X