No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao still as good as ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    I stick by what I said, Pacquiao is the best welterweight right now imo. Many went for Bradley and I said Pacquiao UD and happy with my pick.
    Of course man... he just comes after beating Mayweather. He has declined a bit but he's still the man at 140/147.

I'd love to see him against Matthysse now

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Pac needs to retire. Unless there's a Floyd rematch.
      What about JMM 5?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        still an elite fighter, just not the dynamo he was in the 2000s....once he went past 135...he was still elite but TR was very careful who they put him in with. After losses, bad showings, and catchweights.

ATG, just dont see him as great as the media tried to convince people. Definitely one of the best of the past era...just was never the best, if you thought that, the media did their job.

Losing to Morales in 05 and his "loss" to JMM in fight 3, opened my eyes....who did he beat from 05-2012 that was on a legitimately impressive string of fights?

I love featherweight manny, not the media creation at 140-150
        That is funny stuff .... Manny fought just about everyone he should have fought.

.... even at 37 Manny put on a masterful performance tonight against a Bradley that had a very good performance as well. The things Manny did in there tonight was just awesome. That was done after a year long layoff and surgery to boot!

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          Of course man... he just comes after beating Mayweather. He has declined a bit but he's still the man at 140/147.

I'd love to see him against Matthysse now
          Matthysee is a BS fight wtf you on boy lol .

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            That is funny stuff .... Manny fought just about everyone he should have fought.

.... even at 37 Manny put on a masterful performance tonight against a Bradley that had a very good performance as well. The things Manny did in there tonight was just awesome. That was done after a year long layoff and surgery to boot!
            Spoken like a true pact@rd. he was matched against a guy he was supposed to beat. PAC beat him 3 times now. So???

Masterful??? Whatever restores your GOD, HAHAhahahahahahaha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              Spoken like a true pact@rd. he was matched against a guy he was supposed to beat. PAC beat him 3 times now. So???

I thought you only hated on spoon. I guess it is Manny you hate. Very sad kid.

Comment

No where near as good as ever, but still has a bit left in the tank and the skills to beat pretty much any WW not named Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                  I thought you only hated on spoon. I guess it is Manny you hate. Very sad kid.
                  I **** on spoon, but he is ok. He pointed out that the hugster has weaknesses.

Manny is not hated on by me. I guess I hate Top Rank. Bob should have let PAC fight Crawford. I think PAC would stop Crawford. It would have been a war until PAC stopped Crawford.

Just my opinion. I also believe that PAC should have fought Garcia, a good match up for PAC.

I was a kid 40 years ago.

I see patterns within patterns.

Bob makes PAC look foolish. Mikey Garcia had to sit out for a couple of years... to be free of Bob. PAC is too good a dude to .... Look out for himself...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post

Not really. Manny had a lot going against him going into this fight. Year long layoff, came off a loss and a bigger fight. Had surgery. His "comments" that were distracting him. Bradley had the momentum on his side, more active, is younger and still a very good fighter.

Lots more Manny fans here so for sure Manny is favored but quite a few people did think that Bradley had a decent chance. Even those who favored Manny, quite a few thought this was not going to be easy.

Manny has Bradley's number but Manny had to be on his game in his fights with Bradley. This fight was no exception. Sorry but I was just amazed at how Manny can get those punches off. You didn't see what I saw but maybe you need to see it in slow-mo ..... but you would not do that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      Not really. Manny had a lot going against him going into this fight. Year long layoff, came off a loss and a bigger fight. Had surgery. His "comments" that were distracting him. Bradley had the momentum on his side, more active, is younger and still a very good fighter.

Lots more Manny fans here so for sure Manny is favored but quite a few people did think that Bradley had a decent chance. Even those who favored Manny, quite a few thought this was not going to be easy.

Manny has Bradley's number but Manny had to be on his game in his fights with Bradley. This fight was no exception. Sorry but I was just amazed at how Manny can get those punches off. You didn't see what I saw but maybe you need to see it in slow-mo ..... but you would not do that, right?
                      Manny beat him easily as expected. Please don't build up extra challenges he over came to be a guy he can beat 99/100 times. It was expected.

Bradley is no one punch KO guy, his KO percentage is low. Near Malinaggi low.

Please don't glorify an expected win. It is embarrassing, even in slow motion.

Comment

Working...
                      X