Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Cotto have done better against De La Hoya than Trinidad did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar got robbed vs Trinidad and Cotto gets knocked out in 6 rounds if he ever fought Oscar

Comment

Oscar by KO.........

Cotto would get KO'ed. He is not on Oscar's or Tito's level. He's an A Level fighter no doubt, but he's not in their league. Oscar was something else. His left hook could drop a Lightheavy weight. His movement, speed, legs, and ring IQ would spell D-O-O-M, for most Welterweights today. Oscar is the reason Floyd and Manny is so rich today. Manny did the right thing with the torch, while Floyd spray-painted it. Smh. He showed both of them, especially Floyd how to get SERIOUS money! All of the gay talk and disrespect he gets from newbies and nutjobs on here. He NEVER EVER ducked a fight! The only fighters he didn't fight were Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest( RIP). He was close to fighting both. You could throw Cheeto in there as well, but Oscar was well passed it when he got hot. Oscar would've rearranged his face as well. So would Tito.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        Cotto would get KO'ed. He is not on Oscar's or Tito's level. He's an A Level fighter no doubt, but he's not in their league. Oscar was something else. His left hook could drop a Lightheavy weight. His movement, speed, legs, and ring IQ would spell D-O-O-M, for most Welterweights today. Oscar is the reason Floyd and Manny is so rich today. Manny did the right thing with the torch, while Floyd spray-painted it. Smh. He showed both of them, especially Floyd how to get SERIOUS money! All of the gay talk and disrespect he gets from newbies and nutjobs on here. He NEVER EVER ducked a fight! The only fighters he didn't fight were Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest( RIP). He was close to fighting both. You could throw Cheeto in there as well, but Oscar was well passed it when he got hot. Oscar would've rearranged his face as well. So would Tito.
        Thanks for the red K you gave me for no reason other than liking GGG. It's the 4th red K I've had in 8 years on here. I am no newbe or fanboy like you called me. I was an army boxer and a huge boxing fan since the days of Floyd Patterson. Are you going to give out red Ks to everyone who praises a fighter you don't like? You might try to let someone who has an opinion different than yours escape without giving them a red K. I don't give them myself. If you are going to give a red K to everyone who thinks GGG is a damn good fighter that should keep you real busy.

Comment

OScar beats them both anyday of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
            YES COTTO PUTS UP A BETTER FIGHT!

And it's the age old "style makes fights." Tito is more George Foreman and Cotto is more Frazier. Cotto does well against pure boxers and always has while struggling against power punchers. Tito can out bang anybody but anybody that boxes defensively can pick him apart.

It's as simple as that. Cotto vs Oscar would of been a much better fight competitively imo and action wise too because Oscar wouldn't of been so defensive against Cotto.

Exactly, styles make fights. Cotto would have done a much better job than Tito. Trinidad had more power and a better chin for sure, it came at the cost of his ability to cut off the ring and handle boxers.

Comment

I don't think de la hoya would have been as scared of Cotto as he was against Trinidad. I think he would have gambled more against cotto. Not gabbling against Trinidad was a smart move. Trinidad woukd have flown his head. I think Trinidad was a lot more deadlier than cotto ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                awful comparisons, philly. awful.

george was a brute, unrefined slugger with awesome power.

while tito had power he was a skilled boxer-puncher.

frazier was a pressure fighter who walked through punches to wear you down.

cotto lacks stamina and the chin to be a pressure fighter. that's why though he beats down mediocre guys, he tries to box skilled opponents.
                Joe knew how to cut off the ring and beat boxers, it's why he beat Ali. Tito only knew how to follow and hit a guy right in front of him. Tito essentially is much easier to "figure out" than Cotto. Floyd even called him slow... but awkward, everyone says that about Cotto. Tito is not awkward, he just punches like a mule.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                  I too am a Cotto fan but there ain't no way in hell he would do better than Trinidad.

I scored De la Hoya/Trinidad 7-5 for Oscar, De la Hoya/Cotto would be a 10-2 type of fight, in Oscar's favor.
                  If you had the fight 7-5 for Oscar it means you had Tito only winning 1 round until Oscar ran like a b*tch. His power isn't **** when you can make him follow you like Canelo does, you're in trouble when you stay in the pocket and bang. Cotto can bang but he doesn't have the chin or pop Tito did, he knows how to cut off the ring and deal with a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Joe knew how to cut off the ring and beat boxers, it's why he beat Ali. Tito only knew how to follow and hit a guy right in front of him. Tito essentially is much easier to "figure out" than Cotto. Floyd even called him slow... but awkward, everyone says that about Cotto. Tito is not awkward, he just punches like a mule.
                    LMAO

only you guys degrade your greats to hype up an "OKAY"

saying cotto > tito

is like me saying viloria > pacquiao

Comment

Cotto's best shot against De la Hoya is to target his body. That said I still think De la Hoya stops him late.

Comment

Working...
                      X