Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why aren't we getting Canelo vs Cotto next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Canelo just fought last night,, relax,,
    Yeah but the talk has been that they are not going to fight this year. My question is, why not?

And don't mention that it's because of Bradley vs Cotto. That is such an inferior fight which would likely do worse ppv numbers than Sergio vs Cotto did.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Yeah but the talk has been that they are not going to fight this year. My question is, why not?

And don't mention that it's because of Bradley vs Cotto. That is such an inferior fight which would likely do worse ppv numbers than Sergio vs Cotto did.
      How about Canelo vs Chavez. Both have trouble making weight, and you know that fight would sell.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Bradley vs Cotto will never happen.

Comment

The possibility of this fight happening is the only bright spot of Canelo getting that decision last night. I now get to see Cotto knock his ass out! Lol only way to beat Nelo is by ko. Dude lost 10 rds to Floyd and still got a draw. Lmfao
          Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 07-14-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            The possibility of this fight happening was the only bright spit of Canelo getting that decision last night. I now get to see Cotto knock his ass out! Lol only way to beat Nelo is by ko. Dude lost 10 rds to Floyd and still got a draw. Lmfao
            A bad decision does not earn a fight. A bad decision either earns you a tune-up, a rematch, or a fight with another contender who doesn't duck anyone. You know I am talking about GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              The possibility of this fight happening is the only bright spot of Canelo getting that decision last night. I now get to see Cotto knock his ass out! Lol only way to beat Nelo is by ko. Dude lost 10 rds to Floyd and still got a draw. Lmfao
              this fools' dreaming, kneeguel would be taking knees all night until his fat boyfriend throws in the towel

Comment

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                JUST like lara battered canelo last night? stfu you pathetic hater ass queer
                Funny Sig. Canelo landed about 10 head shots during the whole fight. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                  How about Canelo vs Chavez. Both have trouble making weight, and you know that fight would sell.
                  Man if Chavez gives 10% effort in training, he would blast out Canelo.

Comment

Obviously I have no insider information, but just from following the sport as of late, here's why I think the promoters don't seem to want to make that fight

#1. Bob Arum and HBO know that there are still major difficulties in working with Golden Boy. They know that not only are there promotional problems, but there would be issues about sponsors, what network the fight would be on etc. AND, they know that they don't have Cotto under contract, and that Miguel is free to work with who he wants on a fight-by-fight basis. So there's no reason for Bob and co. to want this fight, because they might not even be a part of it! And even if somehow they do get involved on the side of Cotto, there are still all of those aforementioned issues to deal with. It's much better for them to just get Cotto to agree to fight a Top Rank guy, like Tim Bradley, who we've been hearing about.

and #2. I don't believe Oscar wants to make the fight either. Say what you want about Richard Schaefer, but sleazy, corrupt bastard though he may be, the dude put on consistently good fights. Oscar loves to yap about "I want to make the best fights! The fans deserve the best fights!", but ever since he's been back and Richard's been gone, what have we seen? Al Haymon Specials (which, as we all know, are not special at all), mismatches between big name opponents and undeserving challengers whom everyone expects them to beat. It's bull****. And we know Oscar didn't want Canelo to fight Lara either. That one is almost understandable, given Lara's incredibly difficult style and the fact that he's a hard sell to a large audience. But I think it extends further than just that; I don't think Oscar wants Canelo to fight Cotto yet. For the same reasons he's okay with a lot of these other pathetic mismatches we've been getting recently. Which is stupid, because I think it's a very winnable fight for Alvarez. And I hope he does like he did with Lara, and demand the fight.

I don't know. This is all speculation, but this is what I see when I try and read between the lines. I hope I'm wrong though, because it would be one hell of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Canelo just fought last night,, relax,,
                      Exactly!!!

Besides, it's not like the majority on here are going to pay for it anyways. Back to the stream habit.

Comment

Working...
                      X