antonio cervantes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonio cervantes

how good was this jr welter champ?

I consider him a very talented fighter who has been slightly overrated as time has passed. Of course I could be biased because the only two times I saw him fight live he got KO'd.

Comment

Excellent JWW!

I say several of his fights, & would rate him top 5, maybe top 3 & some could & would argue him #1 at JWW, & you would probably not be wrong with any of those discussions.

He fought A. Pryor at the very end of his career & was definitely past his Prime & his chance to beat another great fighter in his Prime, I believe Arguello would have beaten him if they had fought, before Arguello met Pryor & Mamby was in his prime around the same time, so I would take him at that time only, if in their Prime, I take Cervantes against them all.

Cervantes was not known has a great KO Puncher, but did hit hard & he did put Pryor down, I believe in his Prime, he TKO's Pryor & wins.

Him & Tszyu would have been another great JWW fight, I take Tszyu to TKO him in a great fight.

And I take Loi to beat him in a tough decision.

So yes Cervantes was a great fighter & an All-time great at JWW, definitely top 5, most likely top 3 & anyone could argue him at #1, if he can put Pryor down at the end of his career, he can probably beat him if he is fighting him in his Prime.

Comment

a real old school veteran... i think pryor and benetiz won their first world title against him

Comment

Working...
        X