No announcement yet.

Dibella: "Martin Murray is the desired opponent" [for Martinez]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    The worst part is the boxrec idiots who haven't seen the Murray-Sturm fight are presuming Murray was robbed in Germany when in actual fact he was very lucky to get the draw and should have lost the fight despite the decent effort.
    Not too sure about that, I thought Murray did better than Macklin and scored more heavier punches, Sturm did what he always seems to do and fghts the last minute of the round with the crowd going mad.

Infact Macklin/Murray v Sturm could have gone either way home advantage saved Sturm from defeats.

Macklin/Barker/Murray are all pretty even I'd say, so the fact Martinez has fought the other 2 and they were decent fights probably shows us this wil lbe a decent fight.
    But I do agree he should be fighting bigger guns, these guys are good and they are hungry for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Martinez fighting Murray is like Mayweather fighting a Malignaggi, Lopez, Kirkland, Angulo. Can you imagine the s**t he'd get for that???
      It's not...

Murray hasn't proven himself at the highest level like Malignaggi, Kirkland & Angulo. He's taking the jump from domestic/European level straight to world and he's going to get outclassed badly.

That's why I don't understand why he fought Macklin, Barker and is now looking at Murray. These guys are on the cusp of stepping up but haven't and shouldn't be in the ring fighting for a world title, what have they proven?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        It's not...

Murray hasn't proven himself at the highest level like Malignaggi, Kirkland & Angulo. He's taking the jump from domestic/European level straight to world and he's going to get outclassed badly.

That's why I don't understand why he fought Macklin, Barker and is now looking at Murray. These guys are on the cusp of stepping up but haven't and shouldn't be in the ring fighting for a world title, what have they proven?
        Didn't Macklin and Murray both 'prove' themselves worthy of world level competition against Sturm?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Didn't Macklin and Murray both 'prove' themselves worthy of world level competition against Sturm?
          Who the hell did Sturm prove himself worthy against? A fat ODH back in 2004?

Cmon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Somewhat, yes.

But there was more deserving 160lbers. Macklin & Murray's claim to fame, prior to Martinez, was the fact they were both in a close fight.

Comment

so golovkin doesn't make sense economically but murray does? hbo doesn't seem to agree though as they are willing to give golovkin a slot in their fight schedule...something i wouldn't think they would do to murray.

another **** excuse from dibella and martinez's team.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I didn't mind Dzinzurik either it was a solid win and I didn't even mind Macklin that much.

Darren Barker was the final straw for me and now Martin Murray is just plain ridiculous.
                this is exactly my problem with him, that fight was a joke and its clear that he just want's to milk his p4p status against weak competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                  this is exactly my problem with him, that fight was a joke and its clear that he just want's to milk his p4p status against weak competition.
                  He's old he doesn't have that many fights left, so he has only so much time to really cash in, taking a more risky fight for essentially equal money is kind of a silly proposition for him.

Let's say you can make 1 million with a 95% chance you can make more than that next time out or let's say you can make 1 million with a 50% chance of making more next time out.

For Golovkin or Pirog or Geale or Quillin to make sense they have to be worth more than a journeymen like Murray, it is not Martinez's fault those guys haven't made that jump.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    He's old he doesn't have that many fights left, so he has only so much time to really cash in, taking a more risky fight for essentially equal money is kind of a silly proposition for him.

Let's say you can make 1 million with a 95% chance you can make more than that next time out or let's say you can make 1 million with a 50% chance of making more next time out.

For Golovkin or Pirog or Geale or Quillin to make sense they have to be worth more than a journeymen like Murray, it is not Martinez's fault those guys haven't made that jump.
                    This is all fine, he deserves to cash in, but lets stop this p4p talk. He should be
                    happy to be anywhere in top 10 with that kind of comp

Comment

it's a tune up fight for the chavez jr rematch in september. We won't see Martinez against another top 160 pound fighter until 2014 or possibly never. Sad but true.

Comment

Working...
                      X