Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: "Im willing to help the sport...I dont want anyone to cheat this sport."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasbar View Post
    Because its allowed according to the rules. 141-147 is welter weight.
    Ok then so should everyone else demand catchweights for title fights?

Comment

What rules allow him to impose his OWN weight penalties (you know, when someone is overweight) on his opponents when that is the COMMISSION job, they hand out the weight penalties?

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        Ok then so should everyone else demand catchweights for title fights?

Catchweights are ok. It has been done before and it was accepted. Its within the rules.

Comment

Ok then, 200-210lbs is Heavyweight

So should Adamek make Wlad fight him for the title's at a catchweight of 205lbs? lol. Of course not, People would consider that ridiculous. But whenever Pacquiao does something like that people act like its perfectly reasonable, even when you are fighting for the other guy's title.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
            What rules allow him to impose his OWN weight penalties (you know, when someone is overweight) on his opponents when that is the COMMISSION job, they hand out the weight penalties?
            Weight penalty is 25% of ur purse. Mayweathers purse is 40 mil so 25% of that is 10 mil.

Comment

Weight penalty is 25% of ur purse. Mayweathers purse is 40 mil so 25% of that is 10 mil.
              Manny and his team demanded the ridiculous 10 million dollar penalty. That is not standard.

By Manuel Perez: It looks like World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is asking for a $10 million in fraction penalty for every pound over the 147 pound limit. In an article by Nice Giongco from Fight News, he quotes a text message from Pacquiao lawyer Franklin Gacal “demanding a penalty of $10 million per pound or a fraction thereof over and above 147 lbs during the weighin.”
              http://www.b o x i n g n e w s 24.com/2009/12/pacquiao-wants-10-million-per-pound-penalty-above-147/

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                "I am willing to help the sport for the future of the sport. I do not want to see anyone cheat or cheat this sport.

For that reason I am willing to consider taking blood as close as 14 days prior to the fight, as long as my opponent does the same, and it is not a lot of blood, just enough to test.

I do not want anyone having an unfair advantage where someone may get hurt. I am willing to do my part to help this sport out."

Thats the spirit Manny. Now relay this to all the fanboys who hate on OST's Pacs down with them, now what do yall say?

Did you just make up all those quotes?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                  Manny and his team demanded the ridiculous 10 million dollar penalty. That is not standard.

http://www.b o x i n g n e w s 24.com/2009/12/pacquiao-wants-10-million-per-pound-penalty-above-147/

You're still comparing OSDT to the weight penalty thing?

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    Did you just make up all those quotes?
                    No, those were from his "official" website. That turned out not to be true.

http://www.boxnews.com.ua/en/news/69...-Testing-Issue

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                      You're still comparing OSDT to the weight penalty thing?

You still don't get how Manny deems the commission adequate regarding their drug testing, but inadequate regarding their weight penalties.

Comment

Working...
                      X