No announcement yet.

Berto vs Cotto! This needs to happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto vs Cotto! This needs to happen!

Being that Berto posted on his twitter "What do you'll think about me fighting Cotto? its prolly about that time". Berto is on the rise and Cotto just came off of a win that many said he would lose. I think this would be a hell of a fight. Berto needs a elite name on his resume and Cotto needs that a name to hush the "washed up" talk. I think this fight is a legit possibility. Whatcha guys think?

Berto prolly forgot about Al Haymon's beef with Bob Arum and vise versa to even have entertained this thought...

Comment

this fight should happen but is Berto willing to go up i think Junito made up his mind to stay at 154.It could be an action pack fight even though Berto is a great boxer he always ends up brawling.

Comment

i think cotto is still too good for berto,cotto schools him in a very good fight imo

Comment

And the fight could go at either 154 or 147. I say Berto comfortably makes 154 and so does Cotto. I think Berto would have the edge at 147 though. Seriously though.. Cotto and Pac doesnt appeal to me right now. Cotto and Marg would be nice but not yet. PWill? It's do-able. Martinez? Ehh..

Comment

wasn't berto moving down to 140?

Comment

Originally posted by prdachamp79 View Post
              this fight should happen but is Berto willing to go up i think Junito made up his mind to stay at 154.It could be an action pack fight even though Berto is a great boxer he always ends up brawling.
              lol at berto being a great boxer

Comment

I cant see Berto moving up and i doubt Cotto will be back at 147 tho he says he wont rule it out. Top fight tho i think its a pick em fight but my pick would be Miguel Cotto, i think he could get Berto outta there too. Andre Berto is for real tho that speed is incredible and would give Cotto problems plus he throws a peach of an uppercut wich we all know up untill now has been a wek point in Cotto's Defence

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  I cant see Berto moving up and i doubt Cotto will be back at 147 tho he says he wont rule it out. Top fight tho i think its a pick em fight but my pick would be Miguel Cotto, i think he could get Berto outta there too. Andre Berto is for real tho that speed is incredible and would give Cotto problems plus he throws a peach of an uppercut wich we all know up untill now has been a wek point in Cotto's Defence
                  i agree and i think cotto is comfortable at 154 so no need to move down. going back to 147 only means that he will have to spend more time draining weight. i highly doubt cotto goes back down for berto, only floyd and pac are worth going back down for.

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
                    wasn't berto moving down to 140?
                    I've seen Berto up close and the idea that he can make 140 is hard to believe.

I would like to see Berto and Cotto. You know there is going to be some viscous exchanged in that one. Right now I would call it 50-50. Berto has the hand speed, but Cotto has the timing and experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X