No announcement yet.

How do you rate Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    vargas was done by the time he fought shane, and the wright fight just wasn't an "exposure." i'd be genuinely surprised if you've seen that fight by the way you talk about it.

vargas fought legitimately great fighters with great power when he was a very young man, and he was never the same. felix trinidad is one of the hardest punchers ever. to give you some perspective of just how young and used up vargas is / was, he's not even 40 yet. really. he's in his 30's.

if you don't see his skills it is on you. he could have been a heck of a fighter if he didn't run into felix trinidad when he was in his early 20's.

canelo could easily have a loss to lara. wright > lara. just trust if you don't get it .

some people thought he lost to trout, but i'm not one of them. again, if you don't think vargas walks through the aging cottos and the james kirklands of the world it is on you! he was a very polished boxer - puncher with one of the great trainers of his era.
    OK you made some good points. Good post

Comment

Can't rate him highly after dropping his belt and all his lies and bullshit and avoiding GGG.

Best wins are either very controversial or against smaller/over the hill fighters.

Trout: Controversial

Lara: Controversial

Mayweather: Canelo got schooled

Cotto: Old, small
      Kirkland: Shot, out of shape
      Angulo: Shot, out of shape
      Mosley: Old, small

I wonder really where Canelo's supposed good resume is? What did I miss? Which decent fighters in their prime did Canelo clearly beat, who were not totally undersized?

Comment

I would put Canelo as A- to B+. I can never put him in the same level as a pacquiao or Mayweather in this era because he has never dominated a fight where he wasn't heavily favored.

He looks amazing against guys he is supposed to beat like Khan, Kirkland, Angulo etc., but against the top guys he never shows that he is so much better than them. He doesn't separate his self from other top fighters.

Pac, when he was in fights where the public thought he was going to lose or it was 50/50. Pac would come out and demolish or dominate these top fighters (Barrera, Cotto, Hatton, Bradley). Pac would separate himself and show that he is a level above. Same with Mayweather.

Canelo hasn't shown me that.

Comment

Canelo is a good fighter but he aint as good as mayweather, spence, or crawford. if it wasnt for TMT he would be a bum beater fake talent like golovkin

Comment

His resume is ****!!! It's a paper resume completely, it would be like me having jobs on my resume but all of them being with family and were given to me. He beat completely washed up fighters and or won VERY close decisions.

I still think he's a good fighter I just don't think he has that great of a resume. When he fought live dogs like Lara and Trout he struggled.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
              He's a C fighter. He's not quite good enough to be a B level fighter, as that's the category where I put fighters like Golovkin and Kovalev. A level fighters are guys like Mayweather, Ali, Ward and Crawford.
              I'm not even a Canelo fan, not even in the slightest, but sir, you are a motherf**king gotdamn ****** of epic and biblical proportions if you think Canelo Alvarez is a damn C fighter.

Comment

Working...
              X