No announcement yet.

Mike Dallas Jr.....WHO??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    but power punches don't count more and volume can be misleading. LM won 10-12 by a score of 30-26 and landed the bulk of his power shots. prior to that, he may have won 1 rd or 2.

either way, i'm not down on LM. He has proven he is a damn good fighter by dominating 2nd and 3rd tier fighters as he should.

but this doesn't mean he will do same against danny or peterson or amir should they box and move and set the pace like zab did. there are still questions about LM.
    ya like how long untill he has move up a weight class if he really gained 26 pounds over night i dont give it long

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
      Ok Matthysee ko'd some dude who has never beaten anyone worth mentioning..WOW,...Are people really going crazy over this??he ko'd a c class fighter big fucking deal..now we get ridiculous threads bout Garcia being scared,Mattyhsee fighting Floyd,Broner bring shook..REALLY???? Ya'll are to easily impressed on here
      dallas is a good fighter, hes no push over. obviously everyone you mentioned would beat him but the way matthysse did it is still impressive.

dallas has a great amateur backgorund, very good skills and excellent speed. most importanatly he was fighting in the memory of his dead father, in other words he was extremely motivated to win.

its not a big win for matthysse, but it is a solid win. dont act as if he didnt accomplish anything because he did. perhaps you only follow the big fights but ive seen dallas fight several times and hes no joke.

that said matthysse gets extremely overhyped around here. its funny how hes this monster when the two guys he lost to are supposed to be the most overrated bums in history. even if you think matthyse won they gave him all he could handle. yet they are garbage and matthyse is the second coming of duran.

Comment

dallas jr is nothin special i get it but lets quit acting as tho he is just some journey man bum.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Going into this fight, I was pretty sure Lucas would get the stoppage. I'm just intrigued by the fact that he used a counter to put his opponent away instead of pounding him into submission like we're used to seeing him do. Being able to time and counter are wrinkles he's added to his game, wrinkles that every good pressure fighter should have. It's not that he did it against Dallas (C-level fighter), but the fact he did it at all. If he does that to Garcia, then I'm sure everyone will be impressed.
          Great post. I wish more people looked into it more like you and broke it down instead of acting like they're 12yo's on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
            Ok Matthysee ko'd some dude who has never beaten anyone worth mentioning..WOW,...Are people really going crazy over this??he ko'd a c class fighter big fucking deal..now we get ridiculous threads bout Garcia being scared,Mattyhsee fighting Floyd,Broner bring shook..REALLY???? Ya'll are to easily impressed on here
            While I like Matt's,a lot of posters can make you start to dislike any fighter(even someone as humble and likeable as Matt's)I don't put much in Matt's win over Dallas..But I do like the way he went about it,he put his lights out with one of the best counters you'll see..I know some people rub you the wrong way when they start to go over board,but don't let these posters take away the fact that Matt's is a very good fighter and should get some kudos for what he did in the sport so far and what he did to Dallas...It was nice..

Comment

excellent post. its a shame that sometimes NSB goes right to the conspiracy answer rather than the boxing answer.
              Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Great post. I wish more people looked into it more like you and broke it down instead of acting like they're 12yo's on here.
              I think people get caught up in other factors, like the hype of the fighter in question, who his immediate rivals are or even the poster who started the thread. Some think Lucas is over-hyped, some think he's #1 in the division, many disagree on the competitiveness of Garcia/Matthysse, etc. With all these strong-minded/stubborn individuals, everyone takes sides and argues in support of their opinions instead of remaining as objective as possible. But what else is new on NSB? lol

Anyway, I'm ready to see Matt's next step. Garcia/Allakhverdiev/Shafikov and if Khan wants to step up, that would also make for an entertaining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                I think people get caught up in other factors, like the hype of the fighter in question, who his immediate rivals are or even the poster who started the thread. Some think Lucas is over-hyped, some think he's #1 in the division, many disagree on the competitiveness of Garcia/Matthysse, etc. With all these strong-minded/stubborn individuals, everyone takes sides and argues in support of their opinions instead of remaining as objective as possible. But what else is new on NSB? lol

Anyway, I'm ready to see Matt's next step. Garcia/Allakhverdiev/Shafikov and if Khan wants to step up, that would also make for an entertaining fight.
                exactly. its clear LM has added some new dimensions. but thats why dalls and lundy before were chosen to test these new dimensions in real time against opponents that are less likely to capitalize if mistakes were made.

Comment

but power punches don't count more and volume can be misleading. LM won 10-12 by a score of 30-26 and landed the bulk of his power shots. prior to that, he may have won 1 rd or 2.

either way, i'm not down on LM. He has proven he is a damn good fighter by dominating 2nd and 3rd tier fighters as he should.

but this doesn't mean he will do same against danny or peterson or amir should they box and move and set the pace like zab did. there are still questions about LM.
                  Of course power punches count more!, especially Lucas' then jabs, especially when you're landing more. Is that a serious post?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Of course power punches count more!, especially Lucas' then jabs, especially when you're landing more. Is that a serious post?
                    The scoring of a professional fight is based on four things: clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. No where in the rules, at least that I am aware, do power punches count more than jabs or counters when scoring a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      The scoring of a professional fight is based on four things: clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. No where in the rules, at least that I am aware, do power punches count more than jabs or counters when scoring a fight.
                      I could not agree with you more...

Comment

Working...
                      X