No announcement yet.

HBO filling the void on May 24th, rumored fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    They need to do something, HBO is non existent in April aside from the PPV.

Just saw this

http://ring tv.craveonline.com/news/329657-curtis-stevens-2#.UzokeW7_p70.twitter

Could be building a Kirkland/Stevens fight.

Duva could score big if she could get Stevens on there....that'd be like 3 different promoters on one card...hell 4 or more.

I hope they're cool as long as their fighters get paid though and got air time

K2
    Maine Events
    Lou Diabella
    Gary Shaw
    SMS
    They certainly need to make something happen and they should have some nice budget room to work with considering they had already budgeted that money for Stevenson.

Setting up Kirkland-Stevens wouldn't be a terrible aim, it certainly would give each guy the incentive to go out and perform. Still when I think that is a fight HBO is looking to build it does make me shake my head a bit.

Comment

Maybe this is why the show is getting so long to get maid

Steve Kim ***8207;@stevemaxboxing 2m

according to @Gabriel_Montoya, James Kirkland's camp is having second thoughts on the Willie Nelson match-up... #boxing

Come on man
      You just can not count on James Kirkland, dude can fight but you just never know when he will flake out

Comment

Maybe this is why the show is getting so long to get maid

Steve Kim ***8207;@stevemaxboxing 2m

according to @Gabriel_Montoya, James Kirkland's camp is having second thoughts on the Willie Nelson match-up... #boxing

Come on man
        I don't know why anyone would make James Kirkland their headliner

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          I don't know why anyone would make James Kirkland their headliner
          He's an entertaining fighter and did pretty decent in his last outing.
          Bad opponent though, wouldn't expect the same reception as his last one

Comment

They can try all they want... Jennings is just gonna duck. Like he already attempted.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Where's Kirkland's personal nut massager, BoxingGenius? Kirkland ducking too yo.

Comment

Lou DiBella ***8207;@loudibella 9m
                CLUCK CLUCK. RT @stevemaxboxing: according to @Gabriel_Montoya, James Kirkland's camp is having 2nd thoughts on the Willie Nelson match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo
                  Lou DiBella ***8207;@loudibella 9m
                  CLUCK CLUCK. RT @stevemaxboxing: according to @Gabriel_Montoya, James Kirkland's camp is having 2nd thoughts on the Willie Nelson match-up.
                  I would've expected Kirkland to jump all over this match up. I guess not.

Maybe Kirkland is out of black pills.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    I would've expected Kirkland to jump all over this match up. I guess not.

Maybe Kirkland is out of black pills.

Does he still have the same adviser? The guy that ruined all his fights/

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      I'll take Kirkland-Nelson and Jennings-Perez doubleheader. Still gonna watch Adonis live though if these are the two fights HBO chooses.
                      Depending on how the times line up, Jennings-Perez then Stevenson-Fonfara. I'll watch Kirland/Nelson on replay or online. Lineal light heavyweight title is significant.

Comment

Working...
                      X