No announcement yet.

How many Top South Paws has Mayweather fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Zab, Corley and Sharmba vs Manny, Martinez and Williams WAS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN with a time reference. The discussion was not about that time frame. It was about Lefties.

I never indicated he should have fought these guys INSTEAD of those guys. I just wished that in some point in his career, he would have faced THOSE LEFTIES (Manny, Williams and Martinez) .....

but he hasn't yet ... but time will tell!

That said, my Zab comment still holds true.
    Okay I get it.

But you shit on Judah and Corley as wins over lefties...name better lefties he could have fought at that time though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Before fighting Judah, Baldomir had previously beaten his 18 straight opponents. Including top 10 WW Arturo Gatti. Entering the Mayweather fight, Baldomir had at least 2 wins against top WW, one against the champion Judah, who won it from the champion Corey Spinks, and like I said he beat Gatti who was a top 10 WW.

WHo did baldomir beat? He was known for that 1 good year against a Gatti who really was not effective at WW and was therefore ready to retire and Zab who consistently lost to good WWs. Before and after that didn't show me much, really!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Don't forget the Clottey DQ win.

Not pretty. But it counts.
        Lol yeah, Baldomir was losing that fight so I didn't mention it. But you are right a win is a win.

Comment

Okay I get it.

But you shit on Judah and Corley as wins over lefties...name better lefties he could have fought at that time though.

Sorry but again, that was not my point.

As a fighter, they are who I said they are but to say which lefty Floyd should have picked instead ..... that was not my point.
          Last edited by ADP02; 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            Zab is not consistent for starters. You can put whatever stat you want but Zab struggles against good WW.

Zab lost to Baldomir. That should say it all but he also lost to Floyd, Spinks, Clottey and Cotto. I can also see him losing to Manny, Margarito, Williams .... at WW.

So that top 10 WW is not saying much, if anything!
            When Zab fought Baldomir, he held the WBC, IBF, and WBA belts. How can he not be considered a credible top 10 WW at the time?

Comment

Okay I get it.

well, I would have liked to see him fight Casamayor and Williams.

but Im not sure that those fights were actually viable.

oh yea, wasnt Stevie Johnston a lefty? dont know what was up with him but he gave Castillo good fights, and he was around at LW while Mayweather was too.
              Last edited by Steak; 06-04-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I heard he didn't want any of undefeated WBO Lightweight Champion Artur Grigorian at that time.

He also didn't want any of unbeaten Arcelino "crybaby" Freitas, so the two fought each other. Now both of them are retired.

Just hear it through the grapevine, no sources.

Comment

Who cares? How many has Lennox Lewis fought?

Floyd fought Mitchell, Corley, and Judah.

A lefty I wouldve liked to see him beat up was little but bad at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    all of these guys were comming off a loss by the way.....
                    Hang on, but Floyd says only Pacquiao fights people after a loss? I'm confused. Floyd can't be wrong, can he?

Comment

Pacquaio fought many elite lefties also let's not forget that.

Comment

Working...
                      X