Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Death Exist? New Theory Says 'No'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i remember the alejandro inarritu film 21 grams...

it opens with a voice over: "they say that we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of death".

now i dunno if it is a myth or a fact, but this thing fits nicely to all these energy thingies you people have been discussing innit?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

it opens with a voice over: "they say that we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of death".

now i dunno if it is a myth or a fact, but this thing fits nicely to all these energy thingies you people have been discussing innit?
      That 21 grams thing is a myth, which has been debunked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
        Since energy is life and energy doesn't die, how can there be an afterlife?
        I would say that energy dissipates .... And I believe it would be inaccurate to state that energy doesn't "die" since that would require that it be self-sustaining ... and we have yet to discover an energy or energy source that is self-sustaining.
        Atoms which are the foundation of all matter and energy eventually lose their magnetic charge and dissipate. So, its safe to assume that if the foundation eventually breaks down, then whatever it supports or is a part of breaks down as well.

Now when considering spirits\ghosts etc .... I cannot say, since we would be entering the realm of the unseen\unproven\unverified and its composition is questionable at best.

Comment

That 21 grams thing is a myth, which has been debunked.
          hmmm...

well, it would've made perfect sense if it was a proven conclusively... tnx...

anyway, the film was awesome... the screenplay was a thing of beauty...

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            I would say that energy dissipates .... And I believe it would be inaccurate to state that energy doesn't "die" since that would require that it be self-sustaining ... and we have yet to discover an energy or energy source that is self-sustaining.
            Atoms which are the foundation of all matter and energy eventually lose their magnetic charge and dissipate. So, its safe to assume that if the foundation eventually breaks down, then whatever it supports or is a part of breaks down as well.

Now when considering spirits\ghosts etc .... I cannot say, since we would be entering the realm of the unseen\unproven\unverified and its composition is questionable at best.
            How can energy dissipate when it is omnipresent? Energy changes from one form to another.

Comment

How can energy dissipate when it is omnipresent? Energy changes from one form to another.
              I believe you would have a very difficult time proving with 100% certainty that energy is omnipresent. When considering atomic theory -- the behavior of atoms is not yet fully and completely understood.

Still, we have yet to discover a self-replenishing energy source.

Consider a simple model: "Gas\Fuel" when it is ignited by spark plugs in a car engine and the energy is released to move the piston, what happens to the source and what happens to the energy released?

If the source of the energy doesn't replenish itself, then how can the byproduct or released energy be self-sustaining.

Comment

Death does not exist in a timeless, spaceless reality. All there is, is right now, happening all at once, in infinite perspectives.

The past is as unreal as the future. Neither exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  Death does not exist in a timeless, spaceless reality. All there is, is right now, happening all at once, in infinite perspectives.

The past is as unreal as the future. Neither exist.
                  I think human beings in general get caught up in the concept of an afterlife, because they really feel powerless when it comes to creating their heaven\utopia on earth. Most will agree that life on earth is pretty ****ty because of ruling powers and the self-destructive mental state of human beings, so there has to be a better place somewhere, but where it gets sticky and strange is that you have to die to enjoy it -- Kinda goes against nature.

This is where the distasteful ideas comes into play .... mankind can have heaven\utopia on earth, they just have to first get rid of those who are making life hell and the self-destructive mentality that has been nurtured in this society. And this includes Governments, organizations, religions, certain people, certain laws etc.....

You really don't need an afterlife, if collectively human beings exert their energies to making that utopia a reality, instead of a fantasy. As long as mankind continues to look beyond death for a better life, they will tolerate hell on earth -- Again, very unnatural.
                  Last edited by arraamis; 11-26-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                    Its just scientist garbage of the possibility of life after death. Which for us religious people already know exists, but now science is trying to say it's possible. We call it the human spirit, they call it "energy"
                    In science the term "energy" simply means the capacity to do work. Anybody who uses energy as a term describing something tangible is not engaging in science, they are peddling woo-woo.

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

This 21 grams myth was based on experiments performed by one scientist who really really really believed that the soul weighed something and performed a set of experiments that set out to show this. His methodology was flawed and his results were never replicated.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X