Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd has several responses to 50 on twitter, but not one R.I.P to Manny Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hate to be honest but who cares if he said RIP to him. Stewart is nothing to him. I see no wrong on his part for not saying RIP or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      Bruh, I've gone to war for Mayweather on here.

Please forgive me if he does things that I disagree with and I speak on it.
      To browse his twitter and then complain that he didn't put the cliche "R.i.P. Steward' tweet is just ridiculous.

How many other boxers,promoters, trainers did you check? And even if he didnt I mean is that a crime? And lets say he did tweet it. What would it mean? Nothing. Maybe he didnt like the guy. Why does he have to say R.I.P to him?

I mean this site is getting out of hand its basically turning into a Mayweather hate infested rest haven. Look at all the threads about him. He doesn't even have a fight lined up.

Comment

agreed, just cause he didnt say it on twitter doesnt mean he didnt contact the family etc..

Comment

I could be wrong because I'm not on twitter like that. But I went to Floyd's page to see what he said about Steward's passing and I saw absolutely NOTHING. No homage, no respect, no tributes, no simple R.I.P; NOTHING.

It almost made me think that I was on the wrong twitter page or the page was a fake. Until I go back to the page today and I see all these responses to 50 about "holding belts and being broke, respecting shooters", ect.

I'm thinking wow. You could do all this, but couldn't type 3 letters on your phone and hit send for a man that gave his entire life to boxing in Manny Steward. Manny was based in Detroit, while Floyd grew up in Flint; so I know they had interaction throughout their careers.

This type of stuff just really makes me think.

Just my thoughts.
          so floyd didnt put "RIP steward" on his twitter so that makes him evil. did u go to every professional boxer's twitter and check or was it just floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
            so floyd didnt put "RIP steward" on his twitter so that makes him evil. did u go to every professional boxer's twitter and check or was it just floyd
            Actually I did.

I did searches for Lampley, Merchant, Jones, Lewis, Klitzcho and a few others; then I went to Floyd's.

When I got to his page, I saw of bunch of posts about going to the strip club, making bets, ect. I just found it weird that the day of Steward's death, Floyd was still posting about going to the club and other misc. things, but nothing about Steward.

Now, Mayweather has made financial contributions to fighters funerals like Gernaro Hernandez.

He's always making it publicly known when he decides to be financially generous and show respect.

Maybe if Floyd had a fight lined up in the next few months, it would've been publicly known that he wanted to pay respect to Steward

Comment

Actually I did.

I did searches for Lampley, Merchant, Jones, Lewis, Klitzcho and a few others; then I went to Floyd's.

When I got to his page, I saw of bunch of posts about going to the strip club, making bets, ect. I just found it weird that the day of Steward's death, Floyd was still posting about going to the club and other misc. things, but nothing about Steward.

Now, Mayweather has made financial contributions to fighters funerals like Gernaro Hernandez.

He's always making it publicly known when he decides to be financially generous and show respect.

Maybe if Floyd had a fight lined up in the next few months, it would've been publicly known that he wanted to pay respect to Steward
              Maybe he does not like Emmanuel Steward? I seriously don't understand your grievance, let's say he hasn't done anything behind the scene..... so what?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
                To browse his twitter and then complain that he didn't put the cliche "R.i.P. Steward' tweet is just ridiculous.

How many other boxers,promoters, trainers did you check? And even if he didnt I mean is that a crime? And lets say he did tweet it. What would it mean? Nothing. Maybe he didnt like the guy. Why does he have to say R.I.P to him?
                I mean this site is getting out of hand its basically turning into a Mayweather hate infested rest haven. Look at all the threads about him. He doesn't even have a fight lined up.
                Yes, I checked many other twitter accounts and did countless google searches (i.e Merchant, Lampley, Hearns, ect) to see what others were saying; not just Floyd.

He's shown respects for fighters before his fights like Hernandez. He paid for the man's funeral. I posted on boxingscene how that was a great deed and much respect.

Why do people get so touchy when someone disagree with what Floyd does? If you're going to be the self proclaimed "face of boxing", you have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good. It can't be peaches and roses all the time.

If you're gonna be the face of boxing, be prepared to get congratulated and be prepared to get called out. It comes with the territory.

What's the problem?

Comment

someone said that Floyd did say something about his death but Im not sure. I do know for a fact though that he squashed the beef with Steward a long time ago. Right after he called him a tom, he apologized to him about it.

Before then Steward kinda took alot of shots at Floyd and always use to say about how he's not Hearns or SRL but since then he gives Floyd props all the time so I dont think Floyd has any beef with him

Comment

I hate Floyd and all but it's dumb to judge him for this if true. So what if he didn't say RIP to Steward?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      Maybe he does not like Emmanuel Steward? I seriously don't understand your grievance, let's say he hasn't done anything behind the scene..... so what?
                      Not liking the man or not has nothing to do with "respect".

I hope he did do something for steward behind the scenes instead of publicly like he did with Hernandez.

But if he didn't, I'm just saying show some fcking respect for the dead.

It just makes me think, if this is the case and Floyd could care less that Steward is dead and can't send a simple tweet; then I have to think does he really care or give two schits about normal people like you or myself? Probably not, but oh well.

This is just my thoughts and me thinking out loud; that's all.

Comment

Working...
                      X