Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 3 million buys the max amount possible for a PPV fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
    $99 bucks. $60 bucks. $39 difference is that big of a deal to you. UFC charges $50 or $60/sometimes twice a month. This fight could cost a $100 it wouldn't matter. Everybody aint as broke as you.
    Warren Buffet still uses coupons at dairy queen....

If 99 dollars was nothing how come not everyone is buying their favorite steak and lobster gourmet meal?

Go ask regular people if they want to see Floyd vs Pac, and if they say yes ask them if they would pay 100 bucks, if they agree casuals they will say fuk now ill just catch the replay next week.

Trust me when I say this, this fight ain't going to do over 1.8 million buys, because people will just watch the rebroadcast or live stream.

Comment

PPVs are already close to $80 where I live.

Comment

$100 is pretty steep and it will put some people off especially those that are borderline. It's not a matter of being poor it's whether people see it as value for money.

They have a formula to set the prices for these things, they will do some surveys and work out if the extra money makes them more than the sales they will lose.

There is a price that will bring in the most cash.

Eg 3million at 70 is better than 2mil at 100.

Interestingly over here in Aus they charge $40 for Floyd ppvs but $50 for mundine fight
        Last edited by Furn; 01-29-2015, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          $100 is pretty steep and it will put some people off especially those that are borderline. It's not a matter of being poor it's whether people see it as value for money.

They have a formula to set the prices for these things, they will do some surveys and work out if the extra money makes them more than the sales they will lose.

There is a price that will bring in the most cash.

Eg 3million at 70 is better than 2mil at 100.

Interestingly over here in Aus they charge $40 for Floyd ppvs but $50 for mundine fight
          Money mundine......

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
            Money mundine......
            Mundine would have to be the richest fighter of his calibre ever i would think,

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              DLH-Mayweather did 2.4 Million. I'd say this fight does another 1.1 million, making it 3.5 million.

Yes this fight is capable of doing over 3,000,000 homes, and with the amount of fight parties there will be if the fight happens, you can more than 10x that number and that is the amount of people that will actually watch the fight in the U.S. alone. I think 300 million people is too small. There will be many heads distributed in 3 million homes. Let's say an average of 15 people per home just to throw out numbers. Half a billion people will watch this fight in the U.S.

Add UK, Asia, the other American countries like Canada, Mexico, South America, Central America. Easily a couple billion people will watch the fight. There's 7 billion people in the world, about 40% of the worlds population will be watching this fight. Of course only about 0.15% of those will be paying.
              10x3= 30 15x3=45
              So 300 million and half a billion is a little off bro lol...

Comment

it might hit 3m but i doubt it

Comment

4 million!

Comment

This fight will likely do slightly better than Mayweather/Alvarez. I'm with HateBoxing, I Don't think It will do 3 million but It's possible.

Comment

I hope it's not $100 bucks because if it's successful at that rate they will continue to up the prices of PPVs. I will stream the hell out of it if that's the case.

If it stays reasonable at $60-70 it will do 3.5 million no problem at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X