Calzaghe: "I would have destroyed Froch, there is no comparison"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe: "I would have destroyed Froch, there is no comparison"

Joe on... comparisons with Carl Froch and the debate on who is superior

“I saw the piece written in the Argus about missing the two generations of big pay days, but I don’t have any issues or insecurities about how I rank compared to any of the boxers, from Chris Eubank and Nigel Been to Carl Froch and George Groves.

“People say that Froch has had 13 world title defences, well I had 25. People say he’s a three time world champion, but that just means he lost twice, whereas I was undefeated. You can’t compare Carl Froch to me; it’s not a fair comparison.

“Carl has never been the best of the best. He wasn’t when he lost to Kessler and everyone now would acknowledge he’s not at the same level as Andre Ward.

“He (Froch) has struggled in the biggest examinations of his career, even against George Groves who was 19-0; you would say it could have gone either way.

“Mikkel Kessler was undefeated when I beat him, at the peak of his powers and then I went to America.

“As far as I am concerned there is no comparison. I finished at the top, I got there and stayed there and I honestly don’t believe a fight between us would even have been close.

“Carl has a good chin and he hits hard, but styles make fights and I’d have been much, much too fast for him.

“When I watch him fight it frustrates me, because I think what I could have done, but its all hindsight.

“Eubank, Collins and Benn all dipped at the end of their careers and that’s why I wouldn’t change anything.

“My time was my time; I can’t do anything to alter how history will view the names who I beat.

“For the Americans to give me the respect, which took years, I felt like I went out in dominant fashion and I can’t have regrets about that. But I suppose part of me wishes I could’ve fought and beaten Carl.”
    http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/spo...54070.display/

more in link

I don't agree,and I've always like Joey Zags..He might have won,but destroyed,he's crazy..

Comment

Calzaghr would hae beaten froch 8-10 times, but didnt he fight Peter manfredo over froch????

Comment

with what??? dem damn slaps?

Comment

Calzaghe is a joke, go back to snorting coke in Wales you has-been bitter loser.

As for wishing you could have fought Froch and beat him, you had that chance but you didn't want to take it, your loss now.

25 title defenses in Wales against Tomato cans and taxi drivers vs Froch's 13 title defenses against back to back top 10 opposition all over the world in different countries?

The Groves fights could have gone either way? u wot m8?

Welsh w4nk3r.

Comment

Calzaghe might be the better fighter but froch has had the better career.....

Comment

The same woulda coulda shoulda syndrome that inflicts Floyd Mayweather.

I'd rather talk about what did happen, which is Froch becoming a greater fighter than Calzaghe. I think he'd give Slappy a good fight, too, even if he lost.

Comment

Calz would have definately beat Froch

I dont even know why people are doubting this

Froch had amazing names around him to make a good career out of....Calz didnt have that kind of oppertunity

Comment

Carl Froch is a arrogant twat no doubt Joe would of took that absolute utter **** to school.
                  Just look at Froch record he lost to a prime Mikkel Kessler the same one that Joe beat and Froch couldn't, no Froch needed to wait until Kessler was over the hill before he got a close decision over him in his home town...
                  Sooner Carl retires the better.

Comment

Calzaghe was the more skillful fighter, probably does a fair bit better in head to head match ups, but Froch is just a way more exciting and likeable fighter, with a better resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X