No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Not Concerned With Canelo-Khan on 5/7 Date

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    That doesn't mean he is a trainer. When you end up fighting gym mates in a tournament you can have a trainer from another gym working one guy's corner, but the actual training and learning happened under the actual trainer. Working the corner is applying the hard work done in the gym.
    I know, bu I saw "wanna see him work a corner" so I told him

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Anyone reckon he'd be a good trainer or not? Surely his style will only suit a certain type of fighter who has speed, reflexes and the like. I can't imagine him training a brawler. :laff2:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in the corner of some prospect fighters, as head trainer. It'd be a nice continuation of the family tradition.
      Nope. The greats don't make good coaches/trainers. They can't understand why players/boxers can't do what they did. And it's also hard for them to see their players/boxers not working as they did. There have been a couple of greats who made good coaches like Larry Bird but for the most part they don't.

Comment

Anyone reckon he'd be a good trainer or not? Surely his style will only suit a certain type of fighter who has speed, reflexes and the like. I can't imagine him training a brawler. :laff2:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in the corner of some prospect fighters, as head trainer. It'd be a nice continuation of the family tradition.
        You cant teach what he has but he would have to make a good trainer just because of the knowledge he has off boxing , if he were to train a brawler he would add defence moves to his game , the trouble with most brawlers they are dead meat when tired and hurt because they have no defense .

Comment

Floyd could be a good trainer, specifically with things like footwork and defensive techniques. The only way to find out is to see if he develops good boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Leader View Post
            Floyd could be a good trainer, specifically with things like footwork and defensive techniques. The only way to find out is to see if he develops good boxers.
            I doubt Floyd can be a good trainer. I've said before, how can you be a good trainer when you don't know what it's like to lose?

It's like expecting Michael Jordan to be a great coach because he was a great player. Things don't work that way in sports. Floyd will fail miserably as a trainer, we'll see him try but then reverting to just being a promoter. Floyd can maybe take a child, or very young teenager, and teach him a lot and then be considered a good trainer like most of these other trainers that are a one-guy coach and become mythical for it. That's the only way. Otherwise, Floyd can't take one of these older guys and supposedly teach them how to win.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I think Mayweather's ego is taking a hit. For Canelo and Khan to open up that arena after he discussed doing it for the last two years.
              When did Floyd discuss opening the arena?

If Floyd wanted to open the arena, he would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Leader View Post
                I think he would make a better promoter than a trainer. Floyd's style would be hard to learn and only a very special fighter would be able to pull off the "Floyd" style.

Comment

Lol. Floyd mayweathers knowledge of boxing would be encyclopaedic. He would be able to teach more than just his own style of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    Didn't read the article, but let's guess: Floyd isn't concerned, both are young hungry lions, tough competitors that can't be over looked, get up when put down or at least in one guy's case, who have beautiful families and Floyd wishes them none but the best.
                    Not one word of your conjecture relates to what was actually in the article.

Comment

Pretty sure it was de la Hoya that started keeping 100% revenue for himself

Comment

Working...
                      X