Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vid: Old Timer Joe "FBF" Cortez thought Cotto actually won, calls for Judges overhaul

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    lol the judges couldn't see the punches doe
    That ONE highlight reel uppercut, while kinda cool, does NOT win the fight for Canelo.

Fight could have gone either way as I felt Cotto had most of the early rounds in the bag.

While I can see a Canelo win, the judges were on some Golden Boy crack...

Comment

I still kind of struggle to see how he had Cotto up in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
        That ONE highlight reel uppercut, while kinda cool, does NOT win the fight for Canelo.

Fight could have gone either way as I felt Cotto had most of the early rounds in the bag.

While I can see a Canelo win, the judges were on some Golden Boy crack...
        The judges were scoring for the more eye-catching shots. You'd have to really give Cotto the benefit of the doubt if you gave him the close rounds. You could give Cotto all the close rounds it was still a 7-5 fight. That's why you chose your wording so carefully because you know Canelo still won lol

Comment

he must've lost a **** load of bread on the fight...he campaigning like a he lost a bet or something

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
            Cortez is Puerto Rican, I'm shocked he would say this SMDH!!!!
            Didn't chavez & JMM said they thought Cotto won? & aren't they mexican?

Comment

he probably took 1500 in cash from team cotto

cotto ddin't win that f#cking fight. you've got to be crazy. you can basically make an argument that he lost every round.

i didn't even think that fight was close. canelo was landing the cleaner, more effective punches. he did more damage.

Comment

It sucks when politics affect the outcome of a fight. If they had just scored the fight closer as it was then there wouldnt be so much back lash. I thought Canelo won, but if they were to have called it a draw I would of been fine with that as well. But the scorecards...man they were way off, and people on twiiter saying that Canelo was pitching a shutout..lol..once I heard that after the 3rd rd..I knew the judges were bought, and the wbc was going to phuk cotto. Or even a majority decesion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  The judges were scoring for the more eye-catching shots. You'd have to really give Cotto the benefit of the doubt if you gave him the close rounds. You could give Cotto all the close rounds it was still a 7-5 fight. That's why you chose your wording so carefully because you know Canelo still won lol

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                    It sucks when politics affect the outcome of a fight. If they had just scored the fight closer as it was then there wouldnt be so much back lash. I thought Canelo won, but if they were to have called it a draw I would of been fine with that as well. But the scorecards...man they were way off, and people on twiiter saying that Canelo was pitching a shutout..lol..once I heard that after the 3rd rd..I knew the judges were bought, and the wbc was going to phuk cotto. Or even a majority decesion.
                    Fights are scored round by round as individual fights, not after the fight as a whole. It's perfectly plausible to have wide scorecards in a highly competitive fight when one guy is slightly edging each round. Every close fight isn't scored 7-5.

The fight was scored correctly, a Canelo win. And how does fans scoring on Twitter scoring imply there was going to be bought judges?

Comment

Cotto didn't win a single clear round in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X