In depth look at PBC Business Model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In depth look at PBC Business Model

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...epth/Main.aspx

Basically PBC has a boatload of money to work with, aiming to rebrand the sport, and eventually secure a large TV deal within 3-5 years.

Interesting

Comment

Good read. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Effin great. 3-5 more years of crying and moaning about the lights, gate revenue, card girls and more boxing being shown on a regular basis

Comment

That was a good article. It gives some hope for the future knowing more about the business end, and how it came to be. I would like for this to succeed the way it is described in the article. I just want some of the nostalgia parts to be kept in tact and for good fights to be presented. Mismatches shouldn't be anywhere on these telecasts, however the first few cards showcased that. If things balance out in the future with less attention focused to a handful of "star" fighters, and gets evenly distributed leaving up to the combatant to make a name for themselves, this should be good.

The optimistic view I have is while I don't dig the presentation as it is now, I am hopeful that it can evolve over time to present a really great promotion.

Comment

These PBC business model threads are popping up more and more lately hmmm. I would love to know who some of Haymon's investors are.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              These PBC business model threads are popping up more and more lately hmmm. I would love to know who some of Haymon's investors are.
              wouldn't it be funny if posters wanting this to fail were investing with the hedge funds that gave Haymon the money.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                just a few

WORLD WIDE TECHNOLOGY INC.
                CAMAC INTERNATIONAL CORP.
                BRIDGEWATER INTERIORS LLC
                ACT-1 GROUP
                ZEROCHAOS
                MV TRANSPORTATION INC.
                TAG HOLDINGS LLC
                THE RLJ COS.
                BRIDGEMAN FOODS INC.
                BARDEN COS. INC.

google is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  That was a good article. It gives some hope for the future knowing more about the business end, and how it came to be. I would like for this to succeed the way it is described in the article. I just want some of the nostalgia parts to be kept in tact and for good fights to be presented. Mismatches shouldn't be anywhere on these telecasts, however the first few cards showcased that. If things balance out in the future with less attention focused to a handful of "star" fighters, and gets evenly distributed leaving up to the combatant to make a name for themselves, this should be good.

The optimistic view I have is while I don't dig the presentation as it is now, I am hopeful that it can evolve over time to present a really great promotion.
                  there's a clear favorite in many of the fights but overall the fights have been set up to be competitive other than Bika vs Stevenson.

Comment

Interesting article, actually sheds some detailed light upon all of this. I personally think it will fail because I don't think there is the US talent coming through that will sustain the interest of the American would-be newcomers to the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X