No announcement yet.

Lara layed another egg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Are u saying u think the fight was fixed? I'm confused.
    Nah dude. I'm saying what you're saying. Like, whoa man. Like why would Lara like not even try for like no reason, man? Like really? You know?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Nah dude. I'm saying what you're saying. Like, whoa man. Like why would Lara like not even try for like no reason, man? Like really? You know?
      He did try you're just experiencing cognitive dissonance...

It's like the shock after Canelo destroyed Angulo who Lara struggled with, people simply have trouble accepting that they are wrong, and that their favourite fighter is not as good as they thought.

I saw the same old Lara, one two, roll out, one-two roll out... except he was against a guy who had a good defense, who was faster than anyone else he faced, someone with solid head/lateral movement and someone with solid experience.

It's not rocket science (yeah styles make fights yada yada) that if the slowest fighter in boxing, Angulo, could catch and drop Lara, then Canelo could do the same....

Comment

I think u need to watch more Lara fights. Totally his MO. This is very typical of him. I'm not really shocked. He likes to coast and do the minimal possible to win fights. Thing is he's not that good. I just don't see it.

Comment

it's the story of his career. quite frustrating to just be a casual follower of his. i thought he showed enough in the first two rounds to blow the fight wide open had he decided to go full throttle and step things up [offensively]. he goes out of his way to blow fights and... finally..i don't feel bad about scoing that fight for P williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
            He did try you're just experiencing cognitive dissonance...

It's like the shock after Canelo destroyed Angulo who Lara struggled with, people simply have trouble accepting that they are wrong, and that their favourite fighter is not as good as they thought.

I saw the same old Lara, one two, roll out, one-two roll out... except he was against a guy who had a good defense, who was faster than anyone else he faced, someone with solid head/lateral movement and someone with solid experience.

It's not rocket science (yeah styles make fights yada yada) that if the slowest fighter in boxing, Angulo, could catch and drop Lara, then Canelo could do the same....
            Ok. So your claim is that I'm suffering from selective reality and I have some agenda. Right? Me? Not you, the troll, that's been childishly antagonizing anyone and everyone you can about this fight for day on end?

And you have the audacity to try and tell me Lara always fights that way to try and support your HORSE****.

You are truly an idiot. 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              I think u need to watch more Lara fights. Totally his MO. This is very typical of him. I'm not really shocked. He likes to coast and do the minimal possible to win fights. Thing is he's not that good. I just don't see it.
              No you do. You're kidding me right??

There's what he does normally and then there's what he did tonight.

Here is what he does normally:

Comment

I really did think he might have gotten over the hump with this issue in the last two fights, he was really putting a hurting on opponents in the later rounds and taking the fight. he fought well, but was capable of more...gave a judge every excuse

Comment

Lara thought he was Mayweather in there thinking he could throw a handful of punches per round and win. However, unlike with Mayweather, Canelo was at least able to land some solid blows.

Comment

Ok. So your claim is that I'm suffering from selective reality and I have some agenda. Right? Me? Not you, the troll, that's been childishly antagonizing anyone and everyone you can about this fight for day on end?

And you have the audacity to try and tell me Lara always fights that way to try and support your HORSE****.

You are truly an idiot. 100 percent.
                    No you do. You're kidding me right??

There's what he does normally and then there's what he did tonight.

Here is what he does normally:

Exactly the same Lara.

Exactly the same.

Trout's defence is worse than Canelo's, and he played the role of counter puncher against a master counter puncher, he didn't close the distance. This is similar to comparing the Floyd/Manny/Marquez fights and concluding Floyd blows Manny out because of their fights with Marquez, when two counterpunchers fight as counterpunchers and one guy has the superior speed and reach the other guy can end up looking a lot worse than he is.

Angulo is slow and that's a fight he struggled in, got dropped and nearly lost if it wasn't for the eye, hardly an impressive performance against the slowest fighter in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                      Exactly the same Lara.

Exactly the same.

Trout's defence is worse than Canelo's, and he placed the role of counter puncher against a master counter puncher, he didn't close the distance. This is similar to comparing the Floyd/Manny/Marquez fights and concluding Floyd blows Manny out because of their fights with Marquez, when two counterpunchers fight as counterpunchers and one guy has the superior speed and reach the other guy can end up looking a lot worse than he is.

Angulo is slow and that's a fight he struggled in, got dropped and nearly lost if it wasn't for the eye, hardly an impressive performance against the slowest fighter in the sport.

Stopped reading there.

Comment

Working...
                      X