Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****ing Republicans are getting on my nerves...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
    We are unable to fix the spending though apparently everyone is incompetent. Since this thread is about republican incompetency though I pointed out their views that taking money from the poorest people in the nation and children is possibly the most ignorant concept Ive ever heard.
    taking money from the poor? you mean they want the 'poor' to pay taxes? thats outrageous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
      taking money from the poor? you mean they want the 'poor' to pay taxes? thats outrageous.
      Im obviously arguing with someone who is ill informed, so I'm withdrawing from this debate. Im not going to explain the steady economic decline of the "non rich" to you nor will I explain how millions of Americans depend on the benefits they are calling to be cut to feed their families. Im done thank you for your time.

Comment

Im obviously arguing with someone who is ill informed, so I'm withdrawing from this debate. Im not going to explain the steady economic decline of the "non rich" to you nor will I explain how millions of Americans depend on the benefits they are calling to be cut to feed their families. Im done thank you for your time.
        well, if you just want to step down because you dont have any supporting evidence, thats fine by me.

I hope you do realise however that taxing the rich to provide all these benefits to the non-rich is essentially just taking someones money to pay for yourself. very fair, aint it?

the government's economic problems cannot be fixed by continually over-taxing the rich...that will only defer problems for a later time, and in the meantime hurt the overall economy. If you actually want to get rid of the problem, then directly fix it, even if it is more 'difficult' than simply saying "**** it, lets just mask the problem by taking away somebodies money".

Comment

well, if you just want to step down because you dont have any supporting evidence, thats fine by me.

I hope you do realise however that taxing the rich to provide all these benefits to the non-rich is essentially just taking someones money to pay for yourself. very fair, aint it?

the government's economic problems cannot be fixed by continually over-taxing the rich...that will only defer problems for a later time, and in the meantime hurt the overall economy. If you actually want to get rid of the problem, then directly fix it, even if it is more 'difficult' than simply saying "**** it, lets just mask the problem by taking away somebodies money".
          Im stepping down because I find ignorance aggravating. Ive never stated tax the rich and fix all our problems, but that seems beyond your comprehension. Im for taxing the poor to send kids to school if thats what it takes, but my posts are probably hard for you to read with your head up your ass and now I am done. Thank you.

Comment

and thats the main issue here. we have two very important aspects at the top of the spending list. Instead of digging in and finding where all the fraud and waste is, we simply cut into the most obvious and easy ones, educational spending and taxation of the rich.

I once made this post when I was in better mood, before all this Rich Vs Poor epidemic surfaced in the news lately. The way we go about taxing and the fraud & waste that comes with it, just my opinion in layman terms:

From thread: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...re+Dept&page=4

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
            You didn't answer his question.

Who pays for the Roads that you probably use every day to drive your car?

Some taxing is needed. I would just change the way we go about taxing people.

Personally I'm in favor of the right to opt out of Social Security, if you don't plan on using it. Especially since it's not gonna be there anyway for those still 30 years away from the retirement age.

I'd do away with generic State Tax, Federal Tax, that can be used for almost anything and apply specific taxes like a

Infrastructure Tax - which could ONLY be used for that purpose. Things like renewing roads, building new ones, railways etc,. This would be MANDATORY, since we all share it, use it.

Police Dept. Tax on a state level -
            whatever revenue they get can only be used for all things Police. This would be mandatory as we all share the problem of Crimes being committed and need people to prevent crime as well OR investigate a crime.

Fire Dept. Tax -
            you can opt out of this, BUT if your House is on fire and you opted out, YOUR HOUSE BURNS. If the Fire spreads to the neighbors house and they do pay Fire Dept. Tax, the Department puts their fire out, NOT YOURS. I'd only make the Fire Dept. Tax mandatory in places like California, where the Forrest fires are a problem for everybody.

Hell we can even go further, going back to the Public Roads topic. You can opt out of funding new Roads being built, or old ones being fixed but you lose your right to use Public Roads in that State. Which means you don't have a right to own a car.

A Opt in or out Public Option Health Insurance -
            Not an actual Tax but if you wanna buy Insurance from Government instead of a Private Company (which I would OPT in to), you simply pay once a month bill like you would with any other Bill. This wouldn't be a burden Tax payers would share together like the mentioned above, it would be Individual specific. The additional revenue for this would come from a Marijuana-Cocaine-Heroin Tax. You end the War on Drugs, start Taxing Marijuana, Cocaine and Heroin specifically, and the revenue from that goes into funding the Govt. Health Insurance, which again you OPT IN OR OUT OF on a individual basis. The Revenue for this is the people who choose to pay for it, and the Drug Tax mentioned before.

In conclusion, everything that isn't Tax specific like mentioned above, gets abolished. If you want to use Citizen's taxes on funding Abortion just for example, then you have to introduce a Abortion Tax - which should be OPTIONAL. If only 10 people agree to pay that tax, than that means you can only use the revenue generated from those 10 people, no spending above that or using money from other Taxes, which creates DEFICIT PROBLEMS.

Extra suggestion, plenty of examples like this:

Foreign Aid Tax -
            Introduce it as OPTIONAL. Whoever wants to pay this tax, pays it. And whatever revenue generated, can be used. If nobody pays this tax, then Foreign countries get ZILCH.

Comment

• Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
              I once made this post when I was in better mood, before all this Rich Vs Poor epidemic surfaced in the news lately. The way we go about taxing and the fraud & waste that comes with it, just my opinion in layman terms:

From thread: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...re+Dept&page=4
              If I dont pay the police tax I dont have to listen to them right?

Comment

If I dont pay the police tax I dont have to listen to them right?

I did say that the Police Dept. Tax was mandatory. Not much was, there were more optional Taxes that you weren't mandated to pay.

Comment

I did say that the Police Dept. Tax was mandatory. Not much was, there were more optional Taxes that you weren't mandated to pay.
                  Damn. I agreed with everything else you said though, I was just hoping if I didnt pay the police tax I couldnt press charges on myself for getting myself intoxicated.

Comment

What is fair about Corporations that make billions in profits getting tax breaks? It makes no sense at all. Do they NEED a tax break more than the middle-class and below?

Comment

The idea of an optional taxes where you only get taxed for the services you use is intruiging and the first thing I agree with you on. The only things that could be mandatory is security(police/military), education, and roads/infrastructure.

I also agree that the war on Marijuana is pointless. It only adds the element of criminality to weed use and makes it more dangerous. Plus legalizing weed would be consistent with the use of tobacco and alcohol, two of the most dangerous drugs available. Weed is actually far less dangerous and less addictive than those two.

Also I would fix the corrupt political system in our country by imposing stricter term limits. Politicians would be worried more about regular people problems if they had to work. So I would limit all offices to two years in office per term and you can only run twice in your lifetime per office. So no 20 year senators or congressmen getting rich off their job. Plus since they only work a few years these guys get no benefits saving the tax payers a lot of money. Let them pay for their own health care, no paid trips that aren't business related, and all government business needs to be public record.

Comment

Working...
                      X