Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predict Donaires next excuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It makes me think Donaire might actually be a little bit nervous of this fight and every time he brings up Rigo it is something different. The fact Rigo is constantly throwing out the fact he will destroy Donaire and the only excuse for Donaire is lack of competition? Wow.
    Coming from a prize fighter, who knows opposition counts, Rigo has the best name in their weightclass because of his amazing amateur record and becomes obvious the lack of pro opposition is because others fear of losing to a great all around boxer.
    Rigo by Late KO/TKO

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
      This is a toss up fight for me. Rigo is the better boxer but Nonito is bigger and has more power. It will either be a KO for donaire or a decision win by Rigo. I don't see it no other way.
      I'm convinced this is a common misconception. Rigo and Donaire are listed at the same height: 5' 5 1/2". Nonito looks pretty soft at 122, while Guillermo is hard as a rock. As for power, I would give the edge to Donaire and his left hook. But Rigo is no slouch in that department.

Comment

• Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
        He needs at least another fight to build up his name recognition. Hopefully it will be against someone good.
        Donaire, is that you?

Just fight Rigo already! You already used that excuse, but yet you fought the South African. I thought you wanted to unify the division. I like Rigo, but I think you can beat him. What's the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by PacKOtyson View Post
          Donaire, is that you?

Just fight Rigo already! You already used that excuse, but yet you fought the South African. I thought you wanted to unify the division. I like Rigo, but I think you can beat him. What's the problem?
          lol I think that shot down the "he has no fan-base" excuse. I wonder how many South Africans Jeffrey brought with him to the Home Depot Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I'm convinced this is a common misconception. Rigo and Donaire are listed at the same height: 5' 5 1/2". Nonito looks pretty soft at 122, while Guillermo is hard as a rock. As for power, I would give the edge to Donaire and his left hook. But Rigo is no slouch in that department.
            It is still a half inch bigger not sure about arm length. I know Rigo has some power as well but nonito still has more power than he does. Like I said a good fight and a toss up. I can see Rigo frustrating him and making him pay when he swings his left hook and misses. I also don't think Rigo's chin is as bad as some clowns in here seem to think. Dudes make it sound like he has khan's chin, lol.
            Last edited by Suavecito80; 01-04-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry Cuban

Dan..Do you remember that Nonito said in the Interview after the Arce fight?..he said:I didn't expect him to came like that..he actually got me to the body.....lol...if old fart shot to pieces pillow fisted Arce got him to the body...ufff..he better star to do some abdominals exercises to see if he can ripp his mediun zone..that belly gonna get busted!!

I remember that, I also remember little Conception hurting him badly to the body on multiple occasions. If I recall that was a very close fight and Donaire was literally running for his damn life.

I do think he has a good chin but I am convinced he reacts horribly everytime he gets touched to the body.

If little old Arce & Conception are killing this guy to the body, hes in massive trouble when he feels one of Rigo's bodyshots.
              With tht soft ass flabby body of his who wouldn't.

You may have a point but his last fight he totally neglected his body work. And if you're a Rigo fan or as harsh of a critic as I am, that's not a good sign. He attacked MarroquÃ*n's body once or twice, forgot which round, and when he did he had very good success. If he would've done his usual body work in that fight he wouldve taken MarroquÃ*n out.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                lol I think that shot down the "he has no fan-base" excuse. I wonder how many South Africans Jeffrey brought with him to the Home Depot Center.
                I used to like Donaire, but his excuses are ridiculous. Also, he acts like a superstar, but he couldn't fill the Depot Center in his own backyard. Also, for the fight against Arce most of the crowd was Mexican.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Suavecito80

This is a toss up fight for me. Rigo is the better boxer but Nonito is bigger and has more power. It will either be a KO for donaire or a decision win by Rigo. I don't see it no other way.

I don't care what Donaire is listed as but I'm willing to bet my left nut that he's not 5'5". Before they changed It he was listed as 5'8". I'm pretty sure he's in that range, 5'7" 5'8".

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• So after he ko's Rigo what will the excuse be??"oh Donaire is too big for 122 and is picking on smaller fighters?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                      It is still a half inch bigger not sure about arm length. I know Rigo has some power as well but nonito still has more power than he does. Like I said a good fight and a toss up. I can see Rigo frustrating him and making him pay when he swings his left hook and misses. I also don't think Rigo's chin is as bad as some clowns in here seem to think. Dudes make it sound like he has khan's chin, lol.
                      Boxrec has Donaire listed at 5' 5 1/2" (same as Rigo). Someone posted a Youtube video on this subject where Nonito was filmed during a physical at the doctor. The nurse confirmed this height measurement. Guillermo's reach is listed at 66", while Nonito's is listed at 68".

Honestly, Rigo's chin concerns me, although I agree that some people exaggerate (as with everything). Guille took a jab during the Cordoba fight and had to steady himself with his glove on the canvass. At first I didn't think it meant much; but upon further reflection, I'm not so sure. Rigo took a couple of good shots against Marroquin (who hits pretty hard, IMO). His reaction is open to interpretation. He was definitely affected, but he fought right back. The jury is still out, as far as I'm concerned. We might find out the truth with Donaire.

Comment

Working...
                      X