Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't consider Gamboa chinny in all honesty. Getting knocked down and getting hurt are very different things, Gamboa hasn't been in trouble from a punch.

Amir Khan is chinny, Juanma is chinny, Gamboa is not.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Am definitely going with Broner, 50 would be dumb to make this fight with GBP now, Another thing is would GBP work with 50 or would they pull a ARUM?
      Assuming "Golden Boy" is willing to work with 50, I'm not sure how high they'd be on the Gamboa-Broner match-up right now. Adrien is a star in the making. (So is Yuri, but I'm referring to GBP's perspective here.) I don't think Oscar would want to risk derailing that potential until he's as sure as possible Broner can handle Gamboa. If De La Hoya believed Adrien was ready, they'd sign up for a showdown immediately. What better way to showcase your rising star than with a big fight with another, very exciting, potential superstar?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        What's me being annoyed by your NONSENSE have anything to do with my fighter? All you post is NONSENSE such as this post. Apparently YOU don't trust your fighter. You went from WILL to MIGHT.
        OK for your satisfaction, My Pinoy fighter will KTFO Gamboa!!! 3 KD By a straight Left!!! Then the final one will be the Left Uppercut!!

Comment

gamboa is another hyped up to the heavens cuban who nsb thinks is the second coming despite not having beaten anybody of note.

see rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
            OK for your satisfaction, My Pinoy fighter will KTFO Gamboa!!! 3 KD By a straight Left!!! Then the final one will be the Left Uppercut!!
            lol Keep going, bro. I'm not going to let you forget this one.

Comment

Still remember that time when everyone was sold on Abraham and very few picked Dirrell to beat him, I was one of the few that felt strongly that AA didn't have a shot, I feel the same way about this fight, people think it's some great match up when it's not. Gamboa is great, but it's not so much his height, his reach is a serious problem as well, as is his style. People are quickly assuming that his speed and power will translate at 135 but lets assume that it does, his in and out style wouldn't work. Broner is quick to pull the trigger, he's a great counter puncher as well and I personally don't think Gamboa will be able to handle that combination of speed and power. As soon as Gamboa jumps in, which he'll have to, Broner will line him up with straight right hands down the middle.

I like Gamboa at 130, plenty of fights that will eventually present themselves, Russell Jr, Mendez-Salgado winner, Uchiyama, Fortuna. Lets say Gamboa can make 126 healthy, he can get Donaire or Mares when they move up. He has endless opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                gamboa is another hyped up to the heavens cuban who nsb thinks is the second coming despite not having beaten anybody of note.
                Oh lord, what have I just read. God have mercy on this soul.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Oh lord, what have I just read. God have mercy on this soul.
                  Not really, he has a balid point. Look at Lara who was being hyped just as much. It is no secret that a lot of Cubans are overrated, strictly because of their AM program. Gamboa is no different.

Gamboa is highly overrated and would be at a serious disadvantage against Broner. Gamboa may be fast, but he certainly isn't stronger than Broner. Gamboa's power comes from speed and punches you don't see. Broners power is actually raw power and can actually take an opponent apart. Add that to the fact that Broner himself is very quick, has a much larger frame and reach, and imo has better footwork(once again don't be mislead by Gamboas fast footwork ie; Amir Khan. Moving your feet and being quick on them is not GOOD footwork), I see Broner having any easy time with Gamboa. Honestly, wouldn't see this fight going much further than the 6th round.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

see rigondeaux.
                    Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Not really, he has a balid point. Look at Lara who was being hyped just as much. It is no secret that a lot of Cubans are overrated, strictly because of their AM program. Gamboa is no different.

Gamboa is highly overrated and would be at a serious disadvantage against Broner. Gamboa may be fast, but he certainly isn't stronger than Broner. Gamboa's power comes from speed and punches you don't see. Broners power is actually raw power and can actually take an opponent apart. Add that to the fact that Broner himself is very quick, has a much larger frame and reach, and imo has better footwork(once again don't be mislead by Gamboas fast footwork ie; Amir Khan. Moving your feet and being quick on them is not GOOD footwork), I see Broner having any easy time with Gamboa. Honestly, wouldn't see this fight going much further than the 6th round.
                    So you're agreeing with this moron that Gamboa is OVERHYPED and has fought NO ONE?

You can call Lara and Rigo overhyped considering their opposition but Gamboa?

Has Gamboa even lost a round in his career? Even rounds where he has been KDed he came back hard in those same rounds and made a very good case for scoring them a draw.

Comment

Ppl on this site love to underestimate the importance of size. I'll never get why. But if this fight happens, they will see why size is hugely important in boxing. Broner is simply too big. Its not doubt about that mow in my mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X