No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Return on 1/19: Rosado, Guerrero in The Mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    so GGG wants to fight a junior middleweight or a guy who was just knocked out by Grady Brewer??!! Whats the motivation for a middlweight to have a goal to become a MIDDLEWEIGHT contender if he gets passed over for a junior middleweight?
    A: It was 4 fights ago that he lost to Brewer
    B: He didnt get stretched he blew his load and got gassed out
    C: Who gives a **** that he lost? People lose, move on, and fight for/ win titles.
    D: This isnt Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao or even Sergio Martinez we are talking about here. its Gennady Golovkin. a guy most people havent heard of anyway. He is building his name, and Guerrero is just as good a name as any after Geale, Chavez, Martinez, and Quillen are unavailable.

Having said that though, why arent they revisiting the Pirog fight?
    Last edited by blackmagicj; 11-15-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmagicj View Post
      People lose, move on, and fight for/ win titles.
      Guerrero was not out of gas, he was badly hurt which is why the fight turned around on a dime and he has done nothing to show he can take the punches of Grady Brewer, let alone a much harder puncher in GGG.

Comment

I dont like neither fight especially for a so called top MW. Come on this is no better than what Canelo is doing, fighting smaller guys. With that said, I hope its Rosado out of the two. I feel like Rosado is getting a little too much hype around here...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Love the fight since both fighters come to fight.I like Rosado but he'll get destroyed.Not to mention GGG won't get much credit.
          Last edited by AP♠; 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I want Rosado to get the oppurtunity, but I can't fool myself into thinking he can beat GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmagicj View Post
              He still isn't ready after rupturing a disc in his back. At least, that's the claim from Russia.

I'd prefer it to be Guerrero over Rosado. At least it's a guy who has put in "some" dues at MW before getting a title shot. Not Rosado, who's in line for a 154lb shot and needs to start forcing K9 and the IBFs hand to get things moving.

What I also don't get, is that Marty Murray has an interim WBA title fight in 10 days. Why not see if he'd be willing to fight GGG afterward? It's two months away, and he'll likely not take all that much damage against the overmatched Jorge Navarro.

Lastly, I'd prefer to see it go to Matthew Macklin. He's done a good job rebuilding himself after getting hammered out by Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
                He still isn't ready after rupturing a disc in his back. At least, that's the claim from Russia.

I'd prefer it to be Guerrero over Rosado. At least it's a guy who has put in "some" dues at MW before getting a title shot. Not Rosado, who's in line for a 154lb shot and needs to start forcing K9 and the IBFs hand to get things moving.

What I also don't get, is that Marty Murray has an interim WBA title fight in 10 days. Why not see if he'd be willing to fight GGG afterward? It's two months away, and he'll likely not take all that much damage against the overmatched Jorge Navarro.

Lastly, I'd prefer to see it go to Matthew Macklin. He's done a good job rebuilding himself after getting hammered out by Sergio.
                Murray is gonna fight Martinez in April and macklin is gonna fight chavez jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Which MW contender is being passed over by Golovkin?
                  Middeweight division is sooo deep. Obviously Chavez, Martinez or Geale atent available. What about Macklin, Sturm, Pirog, Quillin or N'jkam - 1 of those 5 has gotta be available for an HBO fight vs a world champion - and in Quillin's case - would be a unification

Comment

Rosado gets stopped ala Angulo, semi-entertaining fight but ggg doesnt gain much there. maybe GGG vs Angulo at 154???

Comment

these fights are not hbo worthy...

its true a lot of guys are ducking ggg but this is just such a step down

both rosado and guerrero are still improving and throwing one of them in the lions den with ggg is just insane....

Comment

Working...
                      X