Alex Leapai is a strong puncher, there's a (slim) chance of an upset

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Watch these fights, Leapai can punch:

He was getting the **** beat out of him by Walker before he Calzaghe'd him (quick flurry, questionable TKO). Arreola legitimately knocked this guy out in 1? 2?

This guy is getting laid out and it ain't even funny bruv.

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
      What is a leapai?
      Amplifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
        He was getting the **** beat out of him by Walker before he Calzaghe'd him (quick flurry, questionable TKO). Arreola legitimately knocked this guy out in 1? 2?

This guy is getting laid out and it ain't even funny bruv.
        He did look quite easy to hit in that fight with Walker. But he's tough, he did come back and get the TKO win after taking a lot of punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
          Alex Leipei is the classic Underdog. This is Wlad Klitschko aka Apollo Creed giving a shot to Rocky, bringing him out of the club house.

I bet Leipei is chasing roosters and chickens all over the place in preparation for the biggest fight of his life.
          How many times are we going to say this about Wlad's opponents?

"Classic Rocky-esque underdog"

Which is basically saying he's fighting completely unworthy fighters that don't belong in the ring with him.

That's ok in Films but not in real life.

I'm a fan of Wlad and he's be far the best HW in the world and the greatest HW of his era. He shouldn't be taking these kind of fights as often as he does.
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 01-14-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

And Lepai has no chance.

He's getting destroyed.

Wlad's levels and levels above.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I'm a fan of Wlad and he's be far the best HW in the world and the greatest HW of his era. He shouldn't be taking these kind of fights as often as he does.
              He doesn't want to fight Leapai, but his goal is to try to unify all the belts, and Leapai is the WBO mandatory.

Comment

He doesn't want to fight Leapai, but his goal is to try to unify all the belts, and Leapai is the WBO mandatory.
                I understand but if it means we have to get fights like this on a regular basis I don't think it's worth it.

Comment

How many times are we going to say this about Wlad's opponents?

"Classic Rocky-esque underdog"

Which is basically saying he's fighting completely unworthy fighters that don't belong in the ring with him.

That's ok in Films but not in real life.

It was a joke. Lighten up.

But on a serious note, he is not taking "these kinds of fights" that often. This guy is the mandatory. And making mandatory defenses trumps everything else.

It's no longer about names. According to most detractors of Wlad, all of his opposition sucks anyway. It will be the same with Pulev once he is on Wlad's boxrec win column. It's all about the Title defense numbers and keeping all your belts at this point.

Comment

I understand but if it means we have to get fights like this on a regular basis I don't think it's worth it.
                    I hear you. I'm not too excited about Wladimir fighting Leapai either. I just wish the WBO would have put Leapai in a final eliminator against a decent top 10-15 HW, instead of deciding to make him mandatory.

It would have been better if Leapai would have accepted Wlad's proposed date of Mar 8, instead of demanding it be delayed until April 26.

Hopefully Wladimir will fight Pulev (a much better opponent) within four months of beating Leapai, and then have a third fight against Wilder, Fury, or the winner of Stiverne-Arreola late in the year. But it may be difficult for Wladimir to fit another two fights into the year.

Comment

Watch these fights, Leapai can punch:

I dont see it. The guys who got to Wlad were Big punchers when Wlad had defensive holes in his game. Proven big punchers. Especially Sanders, who even had his iron chinned big brother rocking and rolling in there for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X