Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pacquiao replace Freddie Roach with a different trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no point in switching trainers at this point in his career. You can't teach an old dog new tricks and trying to change his style could completely back fire. Pac needs to stick to what he knows which is blasting opponents away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Or with Floyd Sr. They would teach him some damn defense.
      Couldn't disagree more. Floyd Sr/Rodger are brilliant trainers but trying to teach Pac defence at this point could completely backfire. Look what happened to Hatton when he got with Floyd. It fucked him up

Comment

Pac should fight someone decent in the Philippines with an aggressive style that let's Pac look good and then retire.

He should've retired after the Margarito-fight like I always said, but this would be the best option for him at this stage IMO.

Switching trainer wouldn't do him any good.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
          Look what happened to Hatton when he got with Floyd. It fucked him up
          Hatton looked as good as he ever had under Floyd Sr in the Malignaggi fight.

It was only when Lee Beard started interfering during the training camp for Pacquiao that things got messed up.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-20-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
            you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
            No need. Pacquiao is the greatest proven fighter of his generation. He's defeated somewhere in the neighborhood of ten potential Hall of Famers. Some of them in horrific fashion. He'll be fine.

Comment

I don't see the point.....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                I don't see the point.....
                It might be too late to change.. But perhaps if he got with a superior tactician he'd at least go into fights with a more rounded game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin
                  no.. at this stage of his career its better for him to stick with the man who knows him best. he doesnt have that many fights left in him so trying to change too much would most likely have more of a negative effect imo.

he needs to change his approach a bit, there are certainly things he needs to improve but it think roach can teach him or atleast push him in the right direction. trying to go in a whole other direction might make him lose what made him so good in the first place.

a few years ago i would have said yes, but right now just stick with roach. i dont think manny has more than a year or two left in boxing anyways.
                  he needs to stay rouch fight a drunk bar brawler or a cab driver and call it a day...imo... he's not beating anybody...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman
                    There's no point in switching trainers at this point in his career. You can't teach an old dog new tricks and trying to change his style could completely back fire. Pac needs to stick to what he knows which is blasting opponents away.
                    blasting old, past prime and draing fighters u mean..it's over my man the scam is up..

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Yes. If Freddy is letting him leap into danger like that, he isn't clearly isn't coaching properly. The movement leading to the KO was inexcusable. Pac is as responsible for that KO as Marquez. A good coach gets guys out of stupid habits like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X