No announcement yet.

Azerbaijan still has the AIBA under their control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azerbaijan still has the AIBA under their control

I would've thought after the olympics and the 2011 World Amateur tournament that this corruption mess with AIBA and Azerbaijan would have ended. The olympic fight with Abdulhamidov was disgustingly fixed, then Mammadov's gift decision in the olympics over Karneyeu. These widely criticized decisions I would have thought would end, or put in a dent in Azerbaijan's power within AIBA. But GODDAMN! I just watched Erislandy Savon, who recently moved down to heavyweight for the 2013 World Amateur tournament, fight Mammadov and lose a horrific lopsided decision. I mean Mammadov didn't even land a punch, Savon beat this kid from pillar to post, I really hope this makes Cuban fighters realize that fighting in Olympics and AIBA tournaments just isn't worth doing for years on end.
    Same old story in regards to the AIBA. It's really sad since I thought the changing of the scoring system, and getting rid of headgear, was some progressive changes within the organization. I guess they still haven't, or won't address the corruption problem.

These robberies need to stop

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
      I would've thought after the olympics and the 2011 World Amateur tournament that this corruption mess with AIBA and Azerbaijan would have ended. The olympic fight with Abdulhamidov was disgustingly fixed, then Mammadov's gift decision in the olympics over Karneyeu. These widely criticized decisions I would have thought would end, or put in a dent in Azerbaijan's power within AIBA. But GODDAMN! I just watched Erislandy Savon, who recently moved down to heavyweight for the 2013 World Amateur tournament, fight Mammadov and lose a horrific lopsided decision. I mean Mammadov didn't even land a punch, Savon beat this kid from pillar to post, I really hope this makes Cuban fighters realize that fighting in Olympics and AIBA tournaments just isn't worth doing for years on end.
      Same old story in regards to the AIBA. It's really sad since I thought the changing of the scoring system, and getting rid of headgear, was some progressive changes within the organization. I guess they still haven't, or won't address the corruption problem.
      I think you're taking it a bit too far. I didn't see that fight and it might of been a robbery but from what I saw in the semifinals and finals matches I think (from what I remember) for the most part the judging in the matches that had the Cubans were fair.

I actually thought the scoring went much smoother this year

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        I think you're taking it a bit too far. I didn't see that fight and it might of been a robbery but from what I saw in the semifinals and finals matches I think (from what I remember) for the most part the judging in the matches that had the Cubans were fair.

I actually thought the scoring went much smoother this year
        Watch savon-mammadov, a guy who has a history of having the AIBA in his corner, and not say that it wasn't a ridiculous decision. Wasnt even close like i understand if the guy kept it competitive or was countering well or controlling the action. But mammadov was whupped.... An i'm a fan of amateur boxing but this AIBA-azerbaijan nonsense needs to stop.

Comment

Working...
        X