No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Wear And Tear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao: Wear And Tear

Even though he has dominated his fights at WW, the punches he received from Cotto and Margarito is taking a toll in his bodies.

Even before the Mosley fight, Pac's knee was already bothering him against past opponents.

Just my opinion.

Cotto didn't hit him with any significant after about the 3rd or 4th round...Margarito did hit him with some stuff to the body...

May just be training and age...most fighters do show some sort of decline in their 30's...

Comment

Pac will be shop worn by the time Floyd gets him, but the thing is a shop worn pac can beat Floyd.

Comment

The training for the fights causes alot of wear and tear. His fighting style doesn't help either.

Comment

Really? Doesn't look he's on the decline for me. He looks like the same old Pacquiao that he was in 2005, instead this time he's better. What made you think he's on the decline? Oh the Mosley fight? Well that's not because he's on a decline, that's because Mosley was actually moving and not standing in front of him. Unlike his last 5 opponents.

Manny is at his peak. When Marquez beats him I don't wanna hear these excuses that Pacquiao is out of his prime, Marquez is 5 years older than him and has been in just as many wars as Pacquiao, and Marquez is still knocking guys out.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Pac will be shop worn by the time Floyd gets him, but the thing is a shop worn pac can beat Floyd.
            I will note this post, just so u won't be able to use him being "shop worn" as an exuse for losing.

Comment

Anything to discredit him before Floyd whoops him. This site is a joke man.

Comment

I would almost be willing to bet Pac over-trains for the upcoming Marquez fight. No real way of measuring it but I just have a feeling that between the fight being at 144 and remembering the hell he went through with Marquez the first 2 times he might push himself too hard.

Comment

If he has any wear and tear, it's before his welterweight campaign. He's barely been touched as of late.

Comment

I've seen no signs of his decline but it's a very interesting point. The level of opposition he's fought, his age and his highly offensive style would all point to significant damage but, as yet, it's just not noticeable which is incredible. Fighters who face world class punchers toe-to-toe are usually done by 29-31 and yet he still looks impressive.

I wonder if it'll just happen one night, Pacquiao getting old, that is.

Comment

Working...
                    X